- How much space do I get in my UW SkyDrive Pro storage area?
- Am I permitted to save information that is protected by HIPAA and FERPA rules?
- Is there a size limit on the files that can be uploaded?
2 GB per file
- Is there a folder limit when synchronizing folders on your desktop?
To help ensure successful synchronization of multiple files and folders to a local SkyDrive Pro folder:
Add content to your local SkyDrive Pro folder in chunks of 200 items or less. An item can be a folder or a file. So, for example, if you add a folder that contains 50 sub-folders and 120 files, totaling 170 items, this falls within the acceptable limit.
- What file types cannot be uploaded to SkyDrive Pro?
Notably .exe and .shtm. For a complete list from Microsoft, see Blocked file types for SharePoint Online.
- What characters cannot be used in SkyDrive Pro file names?
See the Microsoft Help topic I can’t upload a file or folder.
- Why am I prompted to log in sometimes and not at other times?
Sometimes you are prompted for UW NetID even if you have already supplied it in the same browser session. Sometimes you are prompted to log in to Office 365 and other times not. The login sequence is not always the same because it depends on complex interactions between the particular browser and application combinations that you have activated prior to accessing Office 365 services.
- In Internet Explorer, how can I avoid being prompted for a login when I’m already logged in?
To reduce the likelihood of being prompted again, add the following URLs to your Intranet Sites list:
To add URLs to your Intranet Sites list:
- In the upper-right corner of the browser window, click the Gear icon , and then click Internet Options.
- Click the Security tab.
- At the top of the tab, click Local Intranet, and then click Sites.
- Make sure that Automatically detect intranet network is checked, and then click Advanced.
- In the top field, enter the first URL, and then click Add.
- Repeat step 5 for the other URLs.
- Click Close, OK, and OK again to close all the dialog boxes.
- How can I bookmark the UW Office 365 link?
The when you log in using the UW link, you are redirected to other web pages before arriving at your SkyDrive Pro document library, so bookmarking your SkyDrive Pro document library is not the same as bookmarking the UW Office 365 link.
To bookmark the UW Office 365 link, create a new bookmark on any page, and then edit it to change the URL to:
- Where is the recycle bin?
See the Microsoft Help topic Empty the recycle bin or restore your files.
- How can I set up a blog or change my blog settings?
See the Microsoft Help topic Create a blog.
- How can I change my newsfeed settings?
See the Microsoft Help topic Change newsfeed settings.