- Don't open email attachments unless you are expecting them. Even better, contact the sender to confirm.
- Hover, don't click, on a link, either in an email or on a web page -- you will see the actual location, and it may be different than what you expect.
- Check the URL in the address box: is it what you expect?
Removing viruses via Sophos
- Shut your machine completely off, then turn it on and log in.
- Open Sophos, either via Start -- Programs, or through the blue S in the system tray near the clock.
- Click "Scan my computer" and let it run; it usually takes a few hours. You can continue to use your computer.
Last modified: July 8, 2013