If your workstation requirements are very low-risk, you might considering using a device that is not managed by the Nebula service. Examples of how Nebula can add value to non-Nebula devices (Bring Your Own Device, or BYOD):
- Connect via Remote Desktop to your Nebula desktop for applications and data that should stay on a well-managed system.
- Access Nebula drives via the web interface (http://www.washington.edu/itconnect/wares/nebula/connecting-remotely/#web) (Integratum).
- Store non-confidential files on U Drive, or use Google Drive on both your Nebula and BYOD devices.
- Use the Nebula VPN service to securely connect to campus from off-site locations.
- Install the same anti-virus software Nebula uses on your device - it is available from UWare for both UW and personally owned devices.
- Use Chrome browser to have access to your Favorites and share the same Chrome Applications between your devices (including Nebula workstations).