Nebula NTUG and Brown Bag upcoming events:
We hope you’ll join us for one of the upcoming Nebula client meetings:
What: Nebula Technical Users Group
Why: Dive a bit deeper into topics of interest
When: Thursday, October 23, 2:30-4:00
Where: UW Tower 22nd Floor, Ravenna Room
What: Fall Nebula Brown Bag
Why: General discussion of topics of interest
When: Friday, October 24, noon to 1pm
Where: UW Tower Auditorium
Suggested agenda items include:
- Using Google Drive instead of I:\groups
- Exchange and Outlook: problems and best practices
- Any feedback on UW Connect (new ticketing system)?
We also have a few Announcements:
- Newly claimed computers will now default to NETID logins
- Nov 1: Nebula training room goes to Windows 8.1 (Win7 option removed)
- Dec 1: Win 8/Office 2013 becomes only image available from CDW-G; Win7/Office 2010 available only via rebuilds, upon request.
As always, we will have plenty of time for your questions, and welcome your other ideas for agenda items.
Hope to see you there!
Nebula VPN Requires Configuration Change (8/14/2014)
Due to recent changes which disable support for NTLMv1 due to security issues, the Nebula VPN may require some configuration changes in either Windows or Mac users. If your VPN has stopped working:
- Windows users should make the changes shown here.
- Mac users should follow these instructions to install the Nebula VPN, or just edit their existing VPN to use the correct server name.
If you continue to have problems or need help with the instructions or your Nebula2 password, please email email@example.com.
Nebula Filesystem Web Access is Disabled (8/14/2014)
Due to the same changes with NTLMv1, the Nebula Filesystem Web Access tool has been disabled. We are evaluating the viability of a replacement service and would appreciate your feedback on your usage. Thank you.
New web pages on:
Tips on using Exchange Calendar (9/18/2014)
The Cornell University IT Department has provided some tips on using the Exchange Calender effectively: