To use a laptop with the projector in the Nebula training room, follow the steps below:
- As you enter the training room, go to the computer that is located at the desk to the left of the podium and disconnect the black VGA video cable that is labeled "projector."
- Plug the projector cable into the VGA port on the laptop and turn on the laptop.
- Follow the instructions in the front of the room to turn on the projector.
- If there is no image on the projector, in Windows 7, go to Control panel --> Display. Click Connect to a projector and make sure that the setting is set for duplicate and not extend to both displays.
- The room has wireless available. Anyone that has a valid UW NetID can log on to the wireless network. If you decide to use the wireless, choose the 'Short term / 12 hour' selection.
- If you wish to use an Ethernet connection instead of the wireless, you can unplug the gray Ethernet cable that is connected to the same computer you disconnected the VGA cable. The Ethernet cable has a phone jack style connector on it.
- When your event has ended for the day, please reconnect the cables back onto the computer before you leave the room.