Access to certain pieces of equipment requires users to check out an equipment key from our office. The standard equipment key for Seattle campus general use classrooms (with the designation IOFA) gives access to secured instructional technology in general use classrooms.
- Course instructors
- Teaching assistants
- Groups who have made special reservations in classrooms
- Secured technology always remains available for instructional purposes
- Prevents theft of installed technology
- The IOFA key will unlock portable equipment cart padlocks and doors as well as locked drawers in teaching podia and in-classroom equipment closets.
- The IOFA key will not open building or classroom doors. Facilities Services (Custodial Services @ 206-685-1411) is responsible for unlocking Seattle campus general use classrooms.
- Instructors are generally eligible to check out an IOFA key for up to an entire academic year with the option to renew the checkout of the key.
- Teaching Assistants and affiliate faculty are generally eligible to check out an IOFA key on a quarter-by-quarter basis with the option to renew the checkout at the end of the quarter.
- Photo ID (HuskyCard and/or State identification)
- Teaching Assistants must be teaching during the upcoming or current quarter
- Only one key may be checked out per person, per quarter
- Key must be checked out to the user of the key (cannot be checked out on behalf of someone else)
- Available for check-out only during office hours
- Keys are not delivered
- Check-out: free
- Replacement: $25 (lost, broken, etc. - tax not included)
- Refunds available for found keys
If you need to check out an IOFA key, you must come to the Classroom Technology & Events office, located on the basement level of Kane Hall, room 035, during office hours.