Computer Repair and Maintenance
The Computer Maintenance Group can repair or upgrade your hardware, install or straighten out your software, move your computers across a room or across the campus, and get your computers ready for Surplus Property.
- We perform in-shop or on-site maintenance / repair of desktop computers, workstations, and printers for the UW community.
- We service HP/Compaq, Dell, Apple and others performing in warranty, and post-warranty repairs.
- We install operating systems and upgrades, most common applications (including Microsoft Office, Sophos anti-virus, etc.), and software and anti-virus updates.
Other software-related services provided on both Windows and Macintosh-based systems
- Software configuration
- Virus clean-up and recovery
- Transfer of data from one hard drive or computer to another.
- Limited data recovery from damaged or corrupted hard drives.
- Moving & installing equipment
Do you need to transport, install or configure your computers? We can do all that plus de-install and, if requested, erase computer hard drives. Whether you need to move a single computer or whole offices of computers and related equipment from one location to another, we can do it for you. Please contact us as soon as you know you will move, as 7 to 10 days advance notice is advised to best meet your needs.
- The current time and materials labor rate is $135 per hour. Parts are charged at cost.
- By phone: 206-543-7865
- By web: please use the Computer Maintenance Group Request Form
The UWIT Computer Maintenance Group can also be contacted by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The CMG office is located at 4625 Union Bay Place NE, Seattle, WA 98105