UW Exchange Local
UW Exchange Local provides integrated services for email, calendaring, contact management, directory services (Global Address List), and task management.
Users of UW Exchange Local can send and receive email, schedule meetings with other UW Exchange Local users, reserve resource calendars, manage personal contacts, and manage personal tasks, all with one client program. UW Exchange Local also provides collaboration features, including the ability to share email folders, calendars, contacts, and tasks with other users.
Exchange ActiveSync synchronization is available for many Smartphone/mobile devices (e.g. iPhone, Android, Windows Mobile, etc.). BlackBerry synchronization is provided via dedicated BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
UW Exchange Local is provided to customers under the assumption that:
- Departments will provide any required client hardware and software, necessary for their users to utilize UW Exchange Local.
- Departmental technical staff will provide end user migration and technical support. (Support inquiries from end users should be directed to the designated departmental support organization for UW Exchange Local.)
- Departmental technical staff and UW Information Technology Service Center staff will cooperate to resolve issues in the most expeditious manner possible.
UW faculty, UW staff
How to Order
Contact your departmental computing support staff. If you do not know who that is, send email to email@example.com or call 206-221-5000.
Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, with scheduled maintenance between 11:00 p.m. Wednesday and 3:00 a.m. Thursday each week. Periodically, there are planned outages during this maintenance window.
While every effort has been made to limit downtime of UW Exchange Local, unplanned events may result in unexpected service outages. UW Exchange Local is designed with two recovery targets and maintains recovery procedures to limit the duration required for each restoration as noted below:
- Service Restoration (in which the ability to send and receive mail is restored) for most scenarios is limited to 48 hours or less.
- Content Restoration (in which mailbox content is restored to the state of the last successful backup prior to the disruption) for most scenarios will not exceed two (2) weeks.
Standard user mailbox: $8 per month
Resource account mailbox (such as a conference room): $3 per month
Price subject to change annually on July 1st.
Service Level Description
Standard mailbox includes 2GB of storage space per user account. Maximum message size is 60 megabytes.
UW Exchange Local is targeted as an always available service with minimal downtime.
Systems are monitored 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for disruptions. On-call staff are available for outage resolution.
For details about UW Exchange Local, see
To participate in a support community around UW Exchange Local, see sharepoint.washington.edu/uwexchange
Users should contact departmental technical support staff for help with UW Exchange Local.
If support inquiries require escalation, questions should be sent from departmental contacts to the UW Information Technology Service Center.
UW Information Technology Service Center
Front Desk: UW Tower C-3000 (4333 Brooklyn Ave. NE)
Online Help Form: uw.edu/itconnect/help
Business Hours: uw.edu/itconnect/help
Some support inquiries will require referral from the UW Information Technology Service Center to staff who are available only during UW business hours (8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday).
Last Review Date: 05/12/2015