MSCA (Microsoft Collaborative Applications)
UW Microsoft Collaborative Apps offers the following Office 365 services for use with an eligible UW NetID:
UW SharePoint Online (MySite):
- 25GB storage for files and other data.
- UW SkyDrive Pro: store, share and sync documents up to 2GB.
- Office Web Apps: create, view and distribute Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote documents. (Access Web App is currently unavailable.)
- Site mailboxes hosted on Exchange Online provide an additional 5GB of storage for email and attachments per site.
- SharePoint Sites for creating up to 2,000 Intranet web sites for collaboration and sharing.
- Social network that allows you share knowledge and start conversations.
UW Lync Online:
- Instant messaging with the UW Community and with others around the world via Lync open federation.
- Online meetings with up to 250 participants from the UW community, outside federated Lync organizations or anonymous.
- Desktop and application sharing.
- Real-time presence information, available to a wide range of applications like SharePoint and Outlook.
- Integrated with UW Exchange Local.
HIPAA Business Associates Agreement established between UW and Microsoft.
FERPA protections are included in the agreement with Microsoft.
This service is enabled for current students, faculty, staff and clinicians.
UW faculty; UW staff; UW students; UW researchers; UW clinicians; For Shared NetIDs and sponsored NetIDs, accounts will be available upon request.
How to Order
These services are enabled by default for all current students, faculty, staff and clinicians. Shared NetIDs can be enabled for the service by the request of current faculty, staff or clinicians by sending a request to email@example.com.
24 hours a day, 7 days a week
This service is included in the Technology Recharge Fee.
Service Level Description
The Service Level Agreement (SLA) with Microsoft guarantees 99.9% uptime.
Limited support for service activation questions is available from the UW Information Technology Service Center. Questions regarding the use and features of the service should be directed to Microsoft.
More details about UW Lync can be found at
More details about UW SkyDrivePro (UW SharePoint Online) can be found at
Last Review Date: 06/20/2015