Audio and Video Conferencing
At the University of Washington there are several conferencing solutions to meet your conferencing needs. The solutions are comprised of:
- A mix of audio and video
- Audio, video, and content sharing
Basic Audio-Only Conferencing – Anyone using a campus phone can make at least a three way conference call. Multi-button phone are capable of hosting up to a 6-party conference.
Expanded Audio-Only Conferencing – If you would like to host a meeting with more than 6 people there are two options:
- UW-IT provides a reservation-less audio conferencing bridge with capacity for up to 30 participants. This system allows organizations to hold conference calls on-demand, without paying per-use fees, for simple reservation-less conference calls. Advantages include:
- Easy to use, low-cost conferencing solution for up to 30 parties
- Best solution for day-to-day, impromptu conferencing needs
- No per minute/per participant charges for conference users
- Third-party Conferencing solutions provided by Premier Global Services (PGI)
- PGI provides large audio on-demand conferences, international conferences, and special events. Conferencing options are outlined here.
- Adobe Connect – Adobe Connect is a Flash-based virtual meeting room that allows you to connect with other PC users to share audio, video, applications, and chat. More information about Adobe connect can be found here.
- Microsoft Skype for Business (formerly Lync) - UW Skype for Business is the University of Washington subscription to Skype for Business, a Microsoft O365 service. Audio/video participation is limited to only Skype for Business users. More information about Microsoft Skype for Business can be found here.
- K-20 – K-20 is a state run organization that offers video bridging services to its members. Participants can join using desktop computers or room-based conference units like Polycom or Lifesize. More information about the K20 video services can be found here.
Content Sharing – Content sharing can be accomplished through any of the three videoconferencing service options above. For more information about each, follow the links above.
UW faculty; UW staff; UW Medical Center; Harborview Medical Center; UW Physicians Network and Neighborhood Clinics; Anyone with a valid budget number .
How to Order
Conference call services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Staff are available Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm. Some conferencing products are available 24 x 7.
Requests for conferencing are handled 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday.
|One time setup charge||No charge|
|Monthly recurring charge||$3.76 per virtual telephone number|
|Toll-Free Access||$0.06 per minute/per participant|
|Applicable toll-free and long distance charges will apply.|
|Premier Global Services (PGI)|
|Global Meet||$0.10 per minute/per participant|
|Scheduled Ready Conference||$0.06 per minute/per participant|
|Toll free access||$0.06 per minute/per participant|
|Global Crossing/Level 3 Ready Access (legacy service, no new accounts added)||$0.29 per minute/per participant|
|Meeting host license||$21.20 per account/per month|
Price subject to change annually on July 1st.
Service Level Description
Lead time to set up a teleconference is 24 hours prior to the conference for PGI. Meet Me and Adobe conferences generally require 7 days prior notification for set-up.
Detailed information about this service, including comparison tables and "how to" information:
For 24 x 7 technical support on either your Adobe Connect web conference or Arkadin audio conference, contact Arkadin Customer Support at 1-866-922-9566 or press *0 from within your Arkadin audio conference.
For your PGI audio conference, contact the PGI Technical Support Center at 1-888-569-3848 Option 2 or press *0 from within your PGI audio conference.
All account questions or changes should go to the UW-IT Service Center at 206-221-5000 or email@example.com.
Last Review Date: 07/01/2015