Microsoft ended support for Windows XP on April 8, and is discontinuing the automatic security updates.
To replace your XP system:
- Purchase a new computer via eprocurement CDW pre-configured systems.
- Contact Computer Maintenance to install the new computer and move any files from the old device to the new one.
- Contact IT Consulting for assistance in securing your XP system, if you must keep it temporarily.
For recommendations on how to keep your Windows XP system secure, see:
- Microsoft Security Tips & Talk
- Microsoft Support
- Securing Your Computer
- PASS Council page on UW policies and responsibilities