Installing the UW Services CA on Safari (OS X)
Instructions for Mac OS X Versions 10.4.11 and Higher, Including Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard), and the Safari browser
To install the UW Services CA Certificate on a computer with Mac OS X using the Safari browser do the following:
- Option-Click on UW Services CA Certificate (hold down the Option key and click on the blue link).
- In the Downloads box that appears, double-click on the uwca.crt item.
- The Keychain Access application will start, displaying the "Add Certificates" dialog box asking if you want to add the certificate(s) from the file "uwca.crt" to a keychain.
- Select the "System" keychain from the Keychain drop-down menu.
- Click the "OK" button.
- Click the "Always Trust" button to continue the installation and to trust certificates issued by the UW Services CA.
- Enter your administrator's name and password and click the "OK" button, as required to make changes to the System Certificate Trust Settings.
- If you use Mac OS X version 10.4.11 (or newer versions of 10.4 Tiger), repeat steps 3 through 7, this time selecting the "X509Anchors" keychain at step 4 in order to add the UW CA certificate to your X509Anchors keychain. After completing steps 3 through 7 a second time, restart your computer before testing the results.