Configure Email and Calendar for Your Smartphone
To sync your email with the UW Deskmail servers there are two tested and documented options: VersaMail, which comes standard on most Treos, and SnapperMail:
If you have activated and are using a cloud based services account (Windows Live, Google) for your UW email, then please follow these links to configure your smartphone:
Palm VersaMail is included with the Tungsten C, Tungsten T2, Zire 71, and Treo smartphones.
- Open VersaMail on the Palm device.
- Tap the top of the screen to bring up the menu bar, select "Accounts" and then "Account Setup".
- Tap "New" to set up a new
- Account name: enter an account name. (You can use your UW NetID or some other name; this is just a nickname).
- Mail Service: select "Other".
- This brings up a Protocol list; select "IMAP".
- Click Next.
- Username: enter your UW NetID.
- Password: must be your UW NetID password.
- Click Next.
- Email address: email@example.com (Replace "your_uwnetid" with your actual UW NetID).
- Incoming mail server: your_uwnetid.deskmail.washington.edu*
- Outgoing mail server: smtp.washington.edu
- Click Next, then click Advanced.
- Incoming Server settings:
- Change the Port Number to 993.
- Check "Use Secure connection (SSL)".
- Click Next.
- Outgoing Server settings:
- Change the Port number to 587.
- Check "Use Secure Connection (SSL)".
- Check "Use authentication (ESMTP)"
- Your Username and Password should be automatically filled in; if they are not, re-enter them.
- Press and hold the power button, or start a phone call.
If you are having connection issues or server timeouts try the following:
- Select "Preferences" from the "Options" menu. To get to the "Options" menu, tap on the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Under "Advanced" select "Connections".
- Change the "Timeout" setting to "180" seconds.
Note the following about the SnapperMail configuration on Treo:
- It does not sync your sent-mail with your deskmail sent-mail folder.
- There is no addressbook so it is necessary to enter a fully qualified address each time you compose an email.
- Download and install the Enterprise version of SnapperMail to the
device. (The Enterprise version works with IMAP4)
- Open SnapperMail, and tap in the upper left corner to drop down the menu with Messages, Accounts and Options.
- Tap Accounts - New Accounts - and IMAP4 account.
You are now on the "Edit IMAP4 Account" page, with tabs for Identity, Server and Rules.
- At the top of the screen, replace the default
name of "Account1" with one of your choosing.
- Under Incoming Mail, use the following:
- IMAP4 Server: your_uwnetid.deskmail.washington.edu (Replace "your_uwnetid" with your actual UW NetID)
- Username: your UW NetID (same as used for IMAP4 server)
- Password: your UW NetID password
- Under Outgoing Mail, use the following:
- SMTP Server: smtp.washington.edu
- Username and password as above
- Click on the More button to go to the Server Settings screen. It has sections for IMAP4 Settings and SMTP Settings.
- Under Incoming Mail, use the following:
- IMAP4 Settings:
- Change "no SSL security" to "always secured (wrapped port)". This will change the port to 993.
- Check the box for "always trust server".
- SMTP Settings:
- Change "no SSL security" to "secure if available (STARTTLS)". This will leave the port at 25 or you can change the port to 587 to meet the new UW SMTP protocols.
- Don't check the "always trust server" box.
- Click OK.
You should be at the Edit IMAP4 Account screen.
- Click on the Rules tab. You can make choices here about how your email is handled:
- Sync: Choose "up to 2 days old". If you click the "Sync unread mail only", you can probably go back further on the Sync option if you like, without slowing your sync speed too much.
- Receive: It's best to leave it at "first 4k only", as this will let you start reading the message more quickly, while it continues to download the rest of the message.
- Outgoing mail rules: if you click here, it will leave a copy of each message, but only in the Sent folder on your device.
- If you want to send a copy of each message to your own Inbox, click on More Rules. In the "bcc a copy of outgoing mail to:", enter your full email address and tap OK.
- Click OK again at the Edit IMAP4 Account.
- Click Done.
E-mail Address lookups
Note: this requires using the Treo Address Book, which are the Contacts from the Phone interface
- Input a Name and E-mail Address in the Contacts
- When creating a new message, type in the First Name or matching string - after hitting a space, Snapper will look in the contacts and present all addresses from matching strings.
- Click 'Add' while highlighting the desired address
Purging Deleted Messages from the Server inbox
- On the Snapper menu, find "Messages/Purge Deleted"
- You are given a choice of 'never' and 'on next sync'. This setting is constant, so make sure you only set it to the sync setting when you *want* to purge your *server* inbox from Snapper.
The Calendar synchronization service will synchronize with the C&C-provided Oracle Calendar service. You must have a valid Oracle Calendar account to be able to use this synchronization service.
There are 2 options:
- Oracle Sync for Windows XP: This is a desktop application that syncs the desktop calendar and the device calendar, via the cradle or cable. NOTE: this software is not compatible with the Microsoft Vista operating system, and installation may cause Vista to lose functionality.
- Synthesis SyncML Configuration: This is an application which allows for wireless syncing to Oracle Calendar.
- If "Palm Desktop" isn't already installed, install it before installing the Oracle Calendar Sync software.
- Install the sync software from the "Windows - Palm" link on the Calendaring Software Clients at the UW page.
- Choose Custom install. Select the components you wish to install. (If you only wish to sync Event data, leave the Date Book Conduit selected and then deselect the Address Book and To Do List Conduit) Continue with the install, and click Finish.
- The Oracle Calendar Sync software will automatically open up the "Sign In - Settings" window. Enter your UW NetID in the "User" field and your Oracle Calendar password in the "Password" field.
- In the "Server Information" area, for "Server name" enter ctime.cac.washington.edu and for "Node" enter 1
- Go to "Date Book - Date Range". (This is where you will determine how far back and how far forward the synchronization will occur on your device) Enter your desired date range**.
- *** Open up "Palm Desktop", select "HotSync" and then "Custom". Select "Date Book" and click on "Change", then select "Do Nothing" and check the "Set as Default" box and then click OK. You will need to repeat this process for both "To Do List" and "Address Book" if you plan on using the Oracle version of these. If you chose not to install the Oracle versions of these conduits in step 3 above, then you only need to make these changes for the "Date Book".
Synthesis SyncML allows wireless syncing to Oracle Calendar.
Following is basic information for configuring SyncML, a third-party software available for both for the Palm and Windows Mobile operating systems. This software allows you to synchronize the Oracle Calendar, Contacts, and Task list with your handheld.
Synchronizing your device with your desktop Oracle Calendar can cause duplications, if you have the same events in both locations. If you have an active Oracle Calendar account on the Oracle server with data in it, remove all calendar data from your device before synchronizing. If there is calendar data only on your device, and not in your desktop Oracle Calendar account, you can synch safely.
- Purchase a copy of Synthesis SyncML Professional software and install it on your device.
- Open SyncML on the device. The default profile is selected.
- Tap in the Menu bar to open the Options menu, and choose Options - Profile Settings.
- Enter the following information:
- SyncML server URL: https://cal-sync.cac.washington.edu:443/ocst-bin/ocas.fcgi
- User: enter your UW NetID and your Oracle password.
- Under Contacts, choose "Normal" from the drop-down list.
- Under Contacts server path, enter: ./Contacts
- Under Events, choose "Normal" from the drop-down list.
- Under Events server path, enter: ./Calendar/Events
This is also where you set how far back and how far forward you want to sync events.
- Under Tasks, choose "Normal" from the drop-down list.
- Under Tasks server path, enter: ./Calendar/Tasks
You are back at the "Profile Settings" page.
Now you are back at the main screen, displaying Synthesis SyncML Client Pro, Profiles, with the appropriate Contacts, Events and Task boxes checked for your Default profile.
To synchronize data:
- Tap the Sync button to open and the Sync symbol to continue
- You will see: "server cert could not be fully validated; still allow connection?"
- Click "Yes" to allow