Cell Phones and Devices
- On This Page
- Cell Phone Hardware Cost and Airtime Rate Information
- Obtain Cell Phones for UW Departments
- Obtain Cell Phones for Personal Use
- Lost or Stolen Cell Phones
- Surplus old Cell Phones
- Ethics and Policies
Cellular Phone Hardware Cost and Airtime Rate Information
Discounts Available to the UW and UW
As Preferred Partners with University of Washington, UW Information Technology has negotiated special discounts and benefits with both AT&T and T-Mobile. These discounts range from 15% to 21% for UW Departments, 15% - 18% for employees and 10% - 15% for students, and are available to employees of the University and affiliated organizations (Affiliates List). Other vendors may also offer discounts. Please contact the vendors for more information:
- If purchasing a Smartphone please visit the Smart Phone FAQ and Smartphone Support & Configuration web page.
- Cell Phone Service Changes Effective July 1, 2010 [Announcement Letter]
- Cellular Phone FAQ
Obtain Cellular Phones for UW Departments
Cell phone orders shall be placed directly with the vendor via any of the wireless carrier’s websites. Our preferred vendors are AT&T and T-Mobile. Your department head has been given access to the wireless carrier’s website and should be able to grant access to you. Only a University of Washington Procurement Card (UW ProCard) may be used to place any orders for cell phones and cellular service. All of the vendor contact information and website links can be found at the link below.
Obtain Cellular Phones for Personal UsePersonal Cell Phones and Discounts Available to UW Employees
As Preferred Partners with University of Washington, UW Technology has negotiated special discounts and benefits with both AT&T and T-Mobile. These discounts range from 15% - 18% for employees and 10% - 15% for students, and are available to employees of the University and affiliated organizations (Affiliates List). Other vendors may also offer discounts. Please contact the vendors for more information:
- Please contact one of the AT&T Retail Stores or request access to the AT&T Premier Web Portal by clicking the link below.
RETAIL STORE LOCATIONS:
- MAIN CAMPUS - University Village Store – (206) 729-7184; 4626 25th Ave NE Seattle, WA 98105
- BOTHELL CAMPUS – Woodinville Store – (425) 402-9797; 18021 Garden Way NE Woodinville, WA 98072
- TACOMA CAMPUS – Lincoln Plaza Store – (253) 671-0966; 2505 S. 38th St. Tacoma, WA 98409
- TO VIEW OTHER LOCATIONS - http://www.wireless.att.com/find-a-store/
- General Sales Support & Customer Service: 1-800-331-0500, or visit an AT&T retail location or store.
- Identify yourself as a University of Washington or affiliated employee and use FAN # Faculty/Staff – 2406456; Students - 2850396.
AT&T PREMIER WEB PORTAL:
- ONLINE ORDERS - To order phones and service for your personal account online via the AT&T Premier Portal visit:
- ONLINE ORDER SUPPORT - If you experience any issues of have questions about an order that you have placed via this portal please contact Premier Customer Service at the following #:
- Premier Technical Support & Navigation Issues: 800-845-9681
- Premier Activations, Pending & Cancelled Orders: 866-499-8008
- DISCOUNT PROGRAM ENROLLMENT – New or Current AT&T subscribers that would like to enroll in the service discount program can sign up via this link https://www.wireless.att.com/business/enrollment/. NOTE - Discounts can take 1-2 billing cycles to be reflected on your bill.
GENERAL CUSTOMER SERVICE:
- Please call 800-331-0500 for questions relating to your personal AT&T account; billing; service plan changes; etc.
- Discounts: Faculty and staff 18%, students 10%
- Current T-Mobile subscribers can call 1-877-453-8824 (Sunday - Saturday 3:00 a.m. PST - 10:00 p.m. PST) to have the discount applied to your account. Discount is not available on all rate plans and does require 2 year agreement.
- Advantage Program Representative: Sarah Hunt 425-383-5474 (email@example.com)
- To learn more about the benefits available through T-Mobile, please visit the T-Mobile Advantage Site. Or Call (866) 464-8662 option 3 to speak with a T-Mobile representative about specials. Reference promo code 2990TMOFAV.
- Discounts: Faculty, staff, and students 15%
- Sheri Bucy
Sprint Account Manager
- Verizon Wireless
- Existing customers can sign up for a 17% discount here:
- Add lines or upgrade here:
- New customer information and purchasing:
After registering your email address, you will receive an email with a link to the employee website.
Major Accounts Manager - Government
Lost or Stolen Cellular Phones
If a cellular telephone is lost or stolen,it is extremely important for cell phone users to immediately contact their relevant cellular vendor directly. Therefore, the accrual of unauthorized charges can be avoided or minimized.
Please follow these procedures to report lost or stolen cellular telephones:
- Please contact the relevant cellular vendor directly
and request that your account be suspended:
• AT&T Mobility (formerly Cingular Wireless): 1-800-888-7600
• Nextel: 1-800-639-6111
• T-Mobile: 1-800-937-8997
• Verizon Wireless: 1-800-922-0204
Inform the police: In addition to
having the lost or stolen cellular telephone
suspended, please report the lost or stolen cellular
telephone to the appropriate police department,
depending on where the loss or theft occurred.
NOTE: UW Police Department will take a report for either a lost or a stolen phone that is UW property. A local police agency, including Seattle Police Department, will most likely only take a report for a stolen phone.
- If the cellular telephone is lost or stolen on campus Call UW Police Department at 206-543-9331 to make a report.
- If the cellular telephone is lost or stolen outside of UW campuses Contact the local police agency where the crime occurred.
Cellular Telephone Disposal (Surplus)
University of Washington owned/operated cellular telephones must be sent to UW Surplus ( http://www.washington.edu/facilities/finadmin/movingandsurplus/index) for proper disposal.
NOTE: Please insure that, before it is sent to UW Surplus, a cellular telephone or cellular device is disconnected and that its memory, which may contain contact names, outgoing/incoming phone call information, notes, calendar events, etc., is completely wiped out.
- The user handbook that comes with the cellular telephone provides information about wiping the cellular telephone's memory.
- If such handbook is not readily available, this Web site may be helpful for instructions about wiping out cellular telephone's memory: http://www.recellular.com/recycling/data_eraser/default.asp