The options for formatting paragraphs are located in the Paragraph Group on the Home tab. From here, you can change the spacing of text in your paragraph, indent your text in a paragraph, and align your paragraphs on the left, right or center of the page.
To access the Paragraph Group:
- Click within the paragraph you want to edit.
- Click the Home tab. You can now choose from the available formatting options in the Paragraph group.
To place your text in a column format:
- Click the Page Layout tab.
- Click the Columns button from the Page Setup group. A dialog box will open, allowing you to choose how many columns you want per page.
- Click the number of columns you want.
A drop cap is a large letter that begins a paragraph and spans several lines of text, as shown below.
To add a drop cap to a paragraph:
- Click the cursor within the paragraph whose first letter will be dropped.
- Click the Insert tab.
- Click the Drop Cap button from the Text group. A dialog box will open, showing the available Drop Cap options.
- Click the Drop Cap option you want.