Panopto is replacing Classroom Technology & Events' automated lecture capture service. Panopto is a cloud-based, lecture capture recording service that allows for easy recording and reviewing of courses, lectures and presentations. Panopto is designed to make the lecture capture process easy. Recordings made using Panopto scheduled recorders are viewable on most browsers and mobile devices. Automated scheduled recordings can be made in select Seattle campus learning spaces.
- Faculty and Students
The automated scheduled lecture capture service records, encodes and posts lectures on a Web page where students can view them after class. The recording equipment in these rooms is scheduled to automatically capture classroom content, including anything displayed on the data projector. This technology is designed to automate the recording and delivery of classroom lectures and presentations. No instructor software or configuration is required.
- Access control – Access to presentations and recordings is limited to course participants.
- Available anytime – Students can access recordings of their class anytime during the quarter.
- Technical support – Technical support is available through the UW Service Center.
- Instructors must be teaching a credit-generating class at UW, Seattle Campus in a large lecture hall equipped with an automated scheduled recording system.
- A Scheduled Lecture Recording Request Form must be filled out before the quarter begins.
- No charge
- A list of classrooms capable of automated scheduled lecture capture recording can be viewed on CTE's Classrooms web page.
- Instructors teaching in a learning space equipped for automated scheduled lecture capture can have their classes recorded by filling out this Scheduled Lecture Recording Request Form. This form requires a UW NetID to validate the identity and authority of the instructor. Once the request form has been received, a confirmation e-mail will be sent with information about the scheduled lecture capture service.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 1-5000, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday.