CTE Coursecasting is an automated service available in select learning spaces for creating and delivering rich multimedia presentations, class recordings, or events that can be viewed on-line. No instructor software is required. Students can watch presentations and courses on CTE’s Classroom Portal Web page, or they can subscribe to an RSS feed that will notify them when new material is available for review.
- Faculty and Students
The automated coursecasting service captures, encodes and posts lectures on a Web page where students can view them after class. The recording equipment in these rooms is scheduled to automatically capture classroom content, including anything displayed on the data projector. This technology is designed to automate the recording and delivery of classroom lectures and presentations. No instructor software or configuration is required.
- Access control – Access to presentations and recordings is limited to course participants, or can be expanded to the UW community, or anyone in the world.
- Available anytime – Students can access recordings of their class anytime during the quarter. The recordings are removed at the end of the quarter.
- Technical support – Technical support is available at CTE’s help desk.
- Instructors must be teaching a credit-generating class in a large lecture hall equipped with an automated coursecasting system.
- A coursecasting request form must be filled out before the quarter begins.
- Adobe® Flash® Player system plug-in, click here.
- No charge
- A list of classrooms capable of automated coursecasting can be viewed on the Classroom Portalweb page.
- Instructors teaching in a learning space equipped for automated coursecasting can have their classes recorded by filling out this Coursecast Request Form. This form requires a UW NetID to validate the identity and authority of the requestor. Once the request form has been received, a confirmation e-mail will be sent with information about the automatic coursecasting service.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 206-543-9900, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday.