If you are tracking survey results, WebQ gives you several options for filtering results.
You can filter tracking results to view:
- a survey period (if you have published the survey more than once)
- a subset of the survey participants
- a combination of the survey period and survey group
- survey status (submitted, viewed, not viewed)
- If the survey is open to anyone and anyone with a UW NetID, not viewed status is unavailable.
- To see survey status filter options, hover over the Survey Status column heading.
Filter by Survey Period
If you published your survey more than once (and thus created multiple publishing windows -- time periods in which the survey is open to participants), you can filter by survey periods.
To filter by survey period, click the arrows to show the list of survey periods, then click the survey period that you want to filter by. Data in the pie chart, line graph, and participant list will change to reflect the survey period you selected.
Filter by Custom or Standard Time Periods
In the line graph, you can filter by custom time period by using the date selector, or by standard time periods by using the available buttons. When you filter by custom or standard time periods, only the data in the line graph changes.
If your survey has submissions for:
- less than a month, you can view the line graph only by days.
- two or more months, you can view the line graph by days or months.
- two or more years, you can view the line graph by days, months, or years.
To filter by a custom time period:
- Click inside the left date box (below the X axis of the line graph). A calendar appears.
- Select a date for the start of the filter period.
- Click inside the right date box, and repeat steps 2 and 3 for the end of the filter period. The dates at either end of the X axis change to the new dates you selected.
Filter by Group
When you created your survey, you were required to choose a security setting. If your survey population comprises multiple groups, you will see a drop-down box above the line graph, with those groups as options.
To filter your survey tracking results by group, click the arrows to show the list of groups, then click the group that you want to filter by. Data in the pie chart, line graph, and participant list will change to reflect the group you selected.
Filter by Survey Period and Group
To filter by survey period and group, just click the arrows in each drop-down box above the line graph to show the lists of survey periods and groups. Data in the pie chart, line graph, and participant list will change to reflect your choices.
Filter by Survey Status
You can filter the survey population to see who has viewed, not viewed, or submitted the survey.
To filter by survey status:
- In the participant list, at the top of the middle column, click Survey Status.
- Click the status that you want to filter on.