You can create a shared space to share files stored on your local computer with a group. To create a shared space, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your Catalyst Tools page
- On the Catalyst tools account page, roll your mouse over the graphic tools menu in the upper right corner. A menu appears as you hover over each tool icon.
- Select the Shared Spaces icon and then click Create a new Shared Spaces. You will move to the "Create a Shared Space" page.
- Enter a name for your shared space. This name should be unique and descriptive, and will be displayed to you and the participants of your shared space.
- To give others permission to access the shared space, you can either select an existing group, or create a new group and then select it.
If you don't have an existing group, click Create a new group, and then select the group. Learn more about creating groups.
- Choose who can modify files in the shared space. Select one of the following file permissions options:
Files can only be modified by the file owner: This option only allows the person who originally uploaded the file to update the version in the shared space. Space members can still download the file and modify it on their local computer, but cannot upload a new version to the shared space.
Files can be modified by all members: This option allows all members of the shared space to update the file version.
- If you want the list of members of the shared space to be visible to all members, select this option under "Privacy."
- Click Save. You can now begin adding files to your shared space.