When you embed a poll on your Web page, the question and the graphic results will be displayed within your page, alongside the other content. Your participants will not need to leave your Web page in order to view and take the poll, or view the graphical results.
To embed a poll, you will first copy a snippet of HTML code from QuickPoll. Then, you will edit your Web page, view the source code of the page, and paste the snippet directly into the code of your page.
Follow these steps to embed a poll in a Web page:
- On the Catalyst tools account page, click on the title of the poll. You will move to the overview page.
- Under the heading "Administer your poll," find the subheading titled "Embed poll."
- To the right of "Embed poll," click View details. Some instructions and a snippet of HTML code will display.
- Click and drag your mouse to highlight the snippet of HTML code displayed in the gray box.
- Select Edit > Copy or use a keyboard shortcut to copy the highlighted code snippet to your clipboard.
- In another window, edit your Web page, and position your cursor where you want the poll to appear.
Tip: If you use a WYSIWYG editor, like Dreamweaver, you may need to view the source code for your Web page, and paste the code snippet directly into the source code.
- Select Edit > Paste or use a keyboard shortcut to paste the poll code snippet from the clipboard into your Web page.
- The QuickPoll code snippet sets the inline frame (iframe) that will contain the poll to 400 pixels (px) wide by 200 pixels tall. You might need to adjust these dimensions in order for the poll to fit appropriately into your Web page.
- Save and publish your Web page.