After submitting grades with Catalyst GradeBook, instructors of record will receive email notification when grades for each section or class have been successfully submitted. The email message will include details about who submitted the grades and the date and time of submission, as well as whether the grades were successfully received by Graduations and Academic Records.
You can also return to the online grade submission form to view the status, or view and print submitted grades.
View status of submitted grades
You can return to the online grade submission form at any point during the quarterly grading period to view the grades you submitted and their current status. Submitted grades cannot be changed online.
To return to the grade submission form, follow these steps:
- On your Catalyst Tools account page, click the name of the grade book that you want to work with. You will move to the main view of the grade book.
- When the grade submission period is open, a link to access the online grade submission form will be available. Click Online grade submission. You will move to the grade report.
Possible grade statuses include:
- In queue – these grades have been sent to the Registrar but are not processed yet.
- Submitted – these grades have been successfully submitted to and processed by the Registrar, and disseminated to students.
- Error in transmission – it is unlikely that you will see grade errors after submission. However, if you do, you will also be notified via email and you will be able to resubmit those grades using Catalyst Grade Book during the grade submission window.
- Submitted externally – a method other than the Catalyst GradeBook, such as another online system or the paper grade report (bubble sheet), was used to submit these grades. These grades can no longer be edited or submitted using the online grade submission form.
View and print submitted grades
After grades have been submitted, you can view and print a receipt of the grades you submitted. Please note this receipt will not reflect grades that were changed manually by the Registrar's office or by submitting a change of grade form.
To view and print submitted grades, follow these steps:
- On your Catalyst Tools account page, click the name of the grade book that you
want to work with. You will move to the main view of the grade book.
- Click View submitted grades located to the right of the link to the online grade submission. You will move to the "Submitted Grades" page.
- Use the drop-down menu to select the section for which you want to view submitted grades, or select "All attached sections."
- To print a receipt of submitted grades, click Print this page.