To create a grade book, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Catalyst Tools page.
- On the Catalyst tools account page, roll your mouse over the graphic tools menu in the upper right corner. A menu appears as you hover over each tool icon.
- Select the GradeBook icon, and then click Create a new grade book. You will move to the "Create a Grade Book" page.
- Enter a name for your grade book. The name will help you and your students identify the grade book.
- Select a class or section. An official list of students will be added to the grade book for each class you choose. This list is automatically updated as students add, drop, or withdraw.
Tip: GradeBook displays the classes for which you are the instructor of record. If you do not see the class you are teaching, please contact your department's time schedule coordinator. If you do not see your class, or do not want to select one, you can skip this step and complete it later. You can also add students to the grade book by creating and attaching a group.
- If you are creating a grade book as a delegate, click View classes delegated to you to retrieve and view the list of classes for which you are an authorized delegate.
- Click Save to create the grade book.
- If there are other official instructors for the class you selected, an "Add Instructors as Administrators?" dialog box will appear. Click Yes to add those listed as administrators on your grade book. Click Not now to continue creating the grade book without additional administrators. You can also add administrators (either the official instructors or other assistants) to the grade book later.