Any participant can start a new conversation on the discussion board. Follow the steps below to start a new conversation:
- If the discussion board is organized into discussion areas, click the name of the discussion area in which you want to post a message.
- Click new conversation in the upper right of the discussion board. You will move to the "Start a new conversation" page.
- Enter a subject for your conversation in the space provided. The subject will become a link that other participants will read and click to see the messages posted to this conversation.
- Enter the message in the space provided. You can use the toolbar to format the text, insert images, create links, insert smileys, and more.
Tip: The rich text editor is set on by default. If it is slowing your page load time, you can switch to a plain text editor by clicking Use the plain text editor below the editor.
- To attach a file, click Attach file under the text area, and then click Browseto locate the file on your desktop computer. Note: File size is limited to 1 GB.
- You can also select another file to attach by clicking Attach another file. Click Remove to remove attachments.
- You can click Preview to see how your post will appear.
- Click Post to post your conversation, or Cancel to discard your changes.