The UW library widgets are tools that you can add directly to your workspace to simplify common tasks for students in your courses. The How do I...? widget will help students get research help when they need it, by viewing short 2-3 minute videos that present concepts such as "What is a Scholarly Journal?" or show them how to use tools such as the citation management software, RefWorks. The citations widget helps students to connect seamlessly to online citation style guides, citation management tools such as EndNote or RefWorks, and locate campus Writing Centers and grammar guides.
To add the a widget to CommonView:
- In CommonView, on the Add content menu, click Rich Text.
- If you want to add the widget to existing rich content, hover over the rich content and click Edit.
- In the text editor tool bar, click Source.
- To add the "How do I...?" widget, select and copy the following code:
To add the Citations widget, select and copy the following code:
- Paste the code into the editor.
- To view the widget, click Source.
- Click Save.