CommonView allows you to add calendars from your UW Google Apps and commercial Google accounts directly into a workspace. Note: To be viewable within the workspace, the calendar must be public.
Adding a calendar to your workspace is a two step process: first, you log in to your Google account and allow Catalyst to access your calendars, and then you select the specific calendar(s) to add to the workspace. Follow the steps below to add a calendar to a workspace:
- From the Catalyst account page, click the name of the CommonView workspace to which you want to add a calendar.
- On the menu on the left, click the view to which you want to add the calendar. You will move to the selected view.
- Click Add content (found immediately underneath the title of the view). The drop-down menu will open.
- Hover your mouse over More. A secondary menu will open.
- Click Google calendar. A dialog box will appear.
- Click either Log in to UW Google Apps or Log in to Google. If you are not already signed in to Google or UW Google Apps, you will be prompted to enter your user name and password.
- You will be informed that the Catalyst Tools site is requesting access to your Google Calendar. Click Grant access. You will return to the workspace.
- Select the calendars you want to add to the workspace. Click Preview at the bottom of the list of calendars to view the calendars that will be added to the workspace before proceeding.
- To add an optional title or description for the calendar, hover your mouse and click in the highlighted area. Enter the title or description in the space provided.
- Click Save to add the calendar, or Cancel.
Edit or Change Calendar Settings
To edit the calendar or change the display settings, follow these steps:
- Hover the mouse pointer over the Calendar and click Settings in the tab at the top right. On the panel that appears, you can choose to display the calendar in week, month, or agenda views.
- To change the calendar, hover the mouse over the file(s) and click Edit (at the right). The calendar panel will appear. Note: Calendar entries can only be edited on your Google Calendar page; here you can select which calendars to display.
- Select the calendars you want to display from the list.
- When you are done making changes, click Save. To discard changes, click Cancel.