Follow the steps below to modify the name or description of a dropbox:
- From the account page, click the title of the dropbox you want to edit. You will enter the dropbox home page.
- Click Manage in the global navigation in the upper right.
- Click Edit to the right of "Summary."
- You may change the name of the dropbox in the space provided. The name will be visible to both you and your participants.
- You may change the description for your dropbox. The description appears on the dropbox home page and might include an overview of the dropbox's purpose and provide instructions to participants. You can use the formatting toolbar to format the text of your description, insert images, create links, and more.
Tip: The description is a good place to provide a link back to your course Web site to allow students to move easily back and forth between your site and the dropbox. To create a link, type the link text in the description field then highlight the text. Click Insert/Edit link on the formatting toolbar to open the "Link" dialog box. Enter the URL of your Web site in the space provided, and click OK.
- You may attach "Supplemental files" relevant to the dropbox. These can be in PDF, Word, or other formats. Click Browse to upload a file from your computer. A dialog box will appear.
The file will appear after the upload is complete. File names will be displayed as links on the dropbox home page.
Click Add another file to attach additional files.
- You may change the contact information for the dropbox by clearing the check box for "Use the contact" and entering new information into those fields. This information will be displayed to dropbox participants.