Note: The steps that follow explain how to move content from a previous Canvas course that you taught at UW. If you need to move content from a Canvas course that you taught at a different institution, please see.
- Log in to canvas.uw.edu and hover over Courses & Groups.
- From the Courses & Groups menu, select the course that you want to import content into.
- From within your Canvas course, in the course navigation, click Settings.
- On the right side of the screen, in the sidebar, click Import content into this Course.
- In the Content Type menu, select Copy a Canvas Course.
- Do one of the following:
In the Search for Course menu, select a course, or in the search box, type the name of your course. To limit the list to just your courses, click the Include completed courses? check box.
- Optional. To manage which content is imported, click the Select migration content check box.
- Optional. To change the event and due dates of the content, click the Adjust events and due dates check box.
- Click Import.
- If you clicked the Select migration content check box, click Select Content next to your current job. In the pop-up window, choose the content you would like to add, then click Add Content.