The integration of Turning Technologies response tools with Canvas means that you can:
- Provide a link for students to register their devices in Canvas, which automatically provides student names.
- Download a participant list to TurningPoint, with the device IDs students have registered.
- Upload student grades, attendance, or performance points into the Canvas Grade Book.
After installing TurningPoint 5.2 on your computer, you need to set up the student registration tool in your course. Students will use this tool to associate their UW NetID with the number of their response device.
Once you set up the registration tool, you can direct your students to the URL of the tool in the Canvas course.
Note: If you have questions about Turning Technologies beyond Canvas integration, please contact Turning Technologies Technical Support, available Mon-Fri, 7am-9pm Eastern Standard Time: 1-877-726-4602 or email email@example.com.
To set up the registration tool, follow these steps:
- In the Course navigation, click Modules. If your course does not includes any modules, click Create a Module and follow the steps given.
- At the far top right of a module heading, click the down arrow, and then click Add Content.
- In the dialog box that appears, in the first menu, select External Tool.
- In the next field, scroll down until you see Turning Technologies Registration Tool, and select it.
- Select the check box next to Load this tool in a new tab.
- Click Add Item.
- You should now see this link in the module where you added the tool:
- You can copy the URL of this link to link to it in another page, or give it directly to your students. If students click the link, or follow the URL from another page, they will see this button, which they should then click.
- On the next screen, they will be prompted to enter their device ID (and the Captcha code), then click Register Device.