After the Office of Educational Assessment has provided you with a .csv document of your scorepack, it is possible to upload these scored directly to your Canvas gradebook using the “Upload Scores” feature. The spreadsheet will already be formatted for use with Canvas and should not require any changes.
In order to upload scorepack grades to your Canvas course, please follow these steps:
- Open canvas.uw.edu and log in to your account.
- Select the course that you want to upload scores to.
- Click Grades in the right-hand menu.
- Click on the gear shaped icon at the top of the Canvas Gradebook.
- Click Upload Scores.
Note: You can click What should the CSV file look like? to ensure that your spreadsheet has been formatted correctly. You can also click Download Scores prior to importing, and compare the format to your scorepack spreadsheet.
- Click browse and select the excel file provided to you by OEA containing your scorepack results. Click Upload Data.
- You will be prompted to confirm whether your scorepack is a new assignment, or if the scores should be applied to an existing assignment. If you have already created an assignment shell in your Canvas gradebook, select it from the drop down menu. If you have not created an assignment shell, select a new assignment, and confirm the amount of Points Possible.
- Click Continue.
- Confirm the scores entered for this assignment, then click on Save Changes. You will then be redirected back to the Gradebook, where you can review your grades.
- If you wish to move the uploaded assignment scores to a specific assignment group, you may now do so through the Assignments tab of your Canvas course.
It is also possible to copy and paste scorepack results into your downloaded Gradebook .csv, by creating a new column in the spreadsheet. Please note that there may be some discrepancies if you have a Test Student in the downloaded gradebook .csv, or if you also have columns for Current Points and Final Points. If you are prompted to confirm whether or not Current Points and Final Points are a new assignment, select Bogus, Ignore It from the \menu. This will not affect your final grades in Canvas.