Classroom Technology & Events maintains three classroom computer labs in Mary Gates Hall that are specially designed to support computer-based instruction, experimental education and student collaboration. Each classroom computer lab includes an instructor's podium equipped with a computer, a port for connecting a personal laptop computer, a ceiling-mounted data projector, and a desktop computer for every seat in the room.
- Faculty, Teaching Assistants, and Researchers in conjunction with state-supported, credit-generating courses.
- Faculty, Staff, Registered Student Organizations (RSO's) and Event Users in conjunction with pre-arranged, fee-based activities.
- Supports computer-based instruction, experimental education and student collaboration by providing a uniform computing environment for every seat in the room.
- OptiPlex 960 FLX Desktop Computer
- Core2 Quad 2.83GHz Processors
- 4.0GB, Non-ECC, 800MHz DDR2 RAM
- 16X DVD+/-RW Drive
- Dell 19-in-1 Media Card Reader
- USB II Ports
- Dell 22 Inch Flat Panel Monitor
- Optical Mouse and Keyboard
Classroom Computer Software Base Image:
- Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise Operating System
- Microsoft Office 2010 Enterprise
- Adobe Design Premium Creative Suite 5.5
- For a complete list of installed software, please contact CTE's Service Desk. Please also review CTE's Software Installation Policy for information about licensing requirements and deadlines for software installation requests.
- Room available by reservation, only.
- UW Budget Number may be required for room and equipment use.
- There is very limited availability for special event requests between the hours of 7:00am to 5:30pm, Monday through Friday during Autumn, Winter and Spring quarters. Reservations for special events during these times will be assigned on a space-available basis beginning the second week of the current quarter. Requests submitted prior to the second week of the current quarter will be held for processing until that time.
- No cost for credit-generating teaching activities.
- Valid UW budget required for paid services.
- Quarter-long, credit-generating classes may reserve MGH 030, MGH 044 or MGH 058 at no charge between the hours of 7:00am to 5:30pm, Monday through Friday during Autumn, Winter and Spring quarters only. Reservations for quarter-long classes during these times may be requested in advance using the Departmental Time Schedule Construction System. Please contact your department's Curriculum Coordinator or the Room Assignments office for more information.
- One-time, credit-generating classes may reserve MGH 030, MGH 044 or MGH 058 at no charge between the hours of 7:00am to 5:30pm, Monday through Friday during Autumn, Winter and Spring quarters only. Reservations for one-time classes during these times may be requested beginning the second week of the current quarter by contacting CTE's Service Desk or by completing a Reservation Request Form. Requests submitted prior to the second week of the current quarter will be held for processing until that time.
- All other scheduled activity in MGH 030, MGH 044 or MGH 058 outside of the times listed above is fee-based. Reservations for classes and special events may be made during the following times for an hourly fee:
Autumn, Winter, & Spring Quarters: After 5:30pm; Monday through Friday
All day; Saturday through Sunday
Summer Quarter & Interim: All day; Monday through Sunday
- Please contact our Service Desk or submit a Reservation Request Form for exact availability and scheduling information. Hourly room rental rates can be viewed here: Computer Classroom Rental Rates.
- Please review the Software Installation Policy
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 206-543-9900, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday.