By default, web publishing services are not activated for a NetID when it is created or when affiliations change. You must manually activate web publishing services in order to create a website on the Shared Web Hosting platform.
Activating Web Publishing
- Visit myuw.washington.edu
- Click on "My Account" in the upper right corner.
- Click on "Computing Services" on the left sidebar.
- Check "Dante Account" or "Homer Account"
- Check "Web Publishing" or "Student Web Publishing."
- Click on "Subscribe."
Both a student and employee?
If you're a UW student who is also also employed through the University, you will be eligible for both the student and employee web publishing services. The multiple affiliations page explains more about what will occur in this situation.