One-time download vs. Subscribing to a feed
One-time download. When you add a single event to your personal calendar via the Add to My Calendar link, if the editor changes the event in Trumba, it will NOT automatically update the event on your personal calendar. Downloading an iCal file and opening it in, for example, Outlook or Google, only gives you a "snapshot" of current events.
Subscribing to a feed. In order to see all additions and updates, you must subscribe to a live calendar feed. Then, anytime an event is added or changed in Trumba, the feed updates and changes are reflected on the calendar you subscribed to the feed. The instructions below will allow subscribed events to be automatically updated when any event is changed in Trumba. Note: the subscription normally includes current and future events, but not past events.
To see updates when events are changed in Trumba, follow these steps:
Subscribe to your Outlook calendar:
- Above the calendar, click +SUBSCRIBE, and select Subscribe to iCalendar Feed. Copy the URL.
- In Outlook, open the calendar page. Find Other Calendars and right click. Select Add Calendar, From internet, and then paste the URL. The subscribed calendar will appear.
Subscribe to your Google calendar
- Above the calendar, click +SUBSCRIBE and select Subscribe to iCalendar Feed. Copy the URL.
- In a new browser tab or window go to your Google Calendar
- Next to Other Calendars, click the drop-down menu and choose Add by URL.
- Paste the copied URL into the URL field and click Add Calendar.