Getting Started Video
This video shows you how to add and edit events, and share events from your departmental calendar to the UW Campus Event calendar. If you have trouble viewing the Tegrity recording, confirm that your browser and OS are compatible. Video URL: https://tegr.it/y/17min
Trumba online help for adding and editing events:
What information do I need to include in the event?
The Add Event form guides you through what to add, but here are some helpful tips.
- The Description field is where you enter the event title. This field must be populated in order to post an event. You will want to keep the description short.
- The Notes field is for the event description, anything that you want attendees to know about the event.
- Editor Notes is for items that will appear only to you and other authorized editors in your group.
- Campus location: As you begin typing a building name, the form will auto-complete the name, which you can then select. All campus buildings are available on their respective calendars. In addition to the campus building, use the Campus room field to add a room number and any special directions that will help people find the event. To add a map link or GPS coordinates, click Switch to location.
How do I get an event to appear on the Campus Event Calendar?
In order to publish an event to the Campus Event Calendar, editors must first publish an event on their departmental calendar, and then share it to the Campus Event Calendar. It is not possible to publish an event directly to the Campus Event Calendar.
To get an event to appear on the Campus Event Calendar, follow these steps:
- Go to http://www.washington.edu/calendar/trumba.
- Click "Add Event" and then enter your event details.
- On the right side of the screen, under Also Shows On, view the list of calendars. Select UW Seattle Campus Event Calendar.
How can I see what the event looks like to viewers?
- In the calendar edit view, above the colored banner with the calendar name, (e.g., UW Seattle Campus Events), look for text that says Published at: followed by a URL.
- Click that text.
- The audience view of the calendar opens in a new tab in your browser.
- Click the tab to see the audience view.
- To see the detailed view of your event, click the event description.
- To make any edits, click back to the tab that has the edit view (your name may appear on the tab), and then click the event title. This opens the edit screen for the selected event.
My event doesn’t fit in any of the event types. Can I add a new event type?
At the current time, we are adding no further event types. Keep in mind that selecting multiple event types will help more people find your event when they filter on event types. If you think that none of the existing event types accurately describes your event, please submit a request for an additional event type to firstname.lastname@example.org and add "UW Trumba Calendar" in the subject line. Over the next year we will collect and evaluate feedback from users.