On This Page
- What headsets are recommended?
- I am experiencing bad phone calls, what could be the cause?
- Will the softphone work from my home office or favorite coffee house?
- My speakers do not ring when receiving a phone call, why?
- Do I need to logging into my computer to make or receive a call?
- The softphone application is not installing correctly, what should I do?
- I minimized my softphone application, where did it go?
- Are my calls free when using the softphone application?
- Why does the softphone application indicate an error when logging in with my extension?
UW-IT recommends that Avaya One-X Communicator be used with a wired headset to ensure the best sound quality. We have tested a couple of models for compatibility with the application under both Windows and Mac.
* Jabra UC Voice 550 (available in mono or stereo)
* Sennheiser SC 30 USB ML headset
Please note that performance may vary based on the customer’s environment, computer model, and computer OS level, among other variables.
Poor audio can have multiple causes. Some of the primary reasons are making phone calls over a wireless network, not using a headset, bad headset cord or too many CPU intensive applications open on your computer.
The initial support will be on campus networks only. Future enhancements will include support for non-campus networks for a nominal monthly fee.
First, verify that they are not muted and that the volume is turned up. Secondly, if using a headset, check that the setting option in the application for ringing a secondary device is enabled and set to your computer speakers.
Yes. You must be logged in and the software running, though it can be minimized.
Verify that you have administrative privileges on your workstation. If not, work with your desktop support group or (for Nebula users) install from the advertised programs.
On Windows workstations, the application minimize to your Taskbar or to the Task Tray. Locate the red One-X icon and double-click to restore it.
No, all your calls still use the same PBX infrastructure and call routing as your desk phone.
1. Confirm network connectivity (open your browser, for example). Is your wired cable disconnected or are you outside WiFi range?
2. Verify with your network administrator that a firewall is not present on your network and/or blocking your connection.
3. Contact customer service to confirm your extension is configured for use with One-X.