Pager Services via UW-IT Will End December 31st, 2014
UW-IT will retire the Pager support service (provided by the UW-IT Enterprise Service Desk) on December 31st, 2014.
Other Support Options
UW-IT recommends the use of smart phones in place of pagers both because of their more extensive functionality and because they receive communication via both WiFi systems as well as via standard cellular connection. Smart phone services can be arranged by departmental administrators.
The company known until recently as USA Mobility has changed its name to Spok. Spok continues to be a provider for UW pagers. The difference as of the UW-IT pager services retirement is that UW pager departments will contract with Spok directly as follows:
- For creating a new Spok account firstname.lastname@example.org
- For activating/changing/de-activating pagers once your department has a Spok account: http://www.spok.com/solutions/paging/my_account
- For other questions/problems about your existing Spok account: email@example.com or 888.413.7243
If you are associated with UWMC, you will want to contact Teleservices for all of your pager needs: 206.598.2300
Why This Service was Retired
The decision to retire Pager Services support via UW-IT was reached through a partnership with and recommendation by the IT Service Management Board, one of three University-wide information technology (IT) governance boards that provide advice on IT strategy, services and priorities. This change is in keeping with UW-IT’s mission to provide technology services in line with the University’s priorities.
Please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any other questions.
Pager service at the UW has been arranged through a contract between the UW Information Technology Service Center and a local provider, and is available at a reduced rate to all UW faculty and staff. Alpha-numeric, digital, and voice pagers are available, and user budgets are billed a monthly fee for pager rental and service.
- Apply by Mail
Print out an Application for Pager Service and submit it via campus mail.
Application Form (Word)
Four varieties of pager coverage are available:
- Local: Covers a region west of the Cascades that extends along the I-5 corridor from Bellingham to Centralia.
- Regional: Northwest Region, Western Region, Midwest Region, Southwestern Region, New England Region, Mid Atlantic Region, Southern Region, Alaska, Hawaii. For more information on Regional coverage, contact the UW Information Technology Service Center at 206-543-1997.
- Nationwide: Covers the entire continental U.S.
- International: Canada, Bahamas, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands.
For rates information, please see the UW-IT Service Catalog Pagers page.
The UW/UWMC paging system is a network of three other paging systems. Each system has its own dialing procedures.
|USA Mobility Pager||UWMC Pager||HMC Pager|
|From on campus
|From off campus||
|From the UWMC||
- Please follow this link to view the Pager Voice Mail User's Guide.
- UWMC Teleservices offers paging services for their pagers, and can be reached at 206-598-6190.
- UWMC Pagers: Spare batteries are available free of charge through UWMC Teleservices. Loaner and replacement pagers are also available, though you should call 206-221-2922 first to ensure availability. The UWMC Teleservices is located at NE-165 in the UW Medical Center.
- University of Washington Pagers: Spare batteries are available free of charge through the UW Information Technology Service Center. Loaner and replacement pagers are also available. The UW Information Technology Service Center is located in the UW Tower at 4333 Brooklyn Ave NE.
- Request More Information by Phone
- Contact: Pager Help Desk
UW Information Technology Service Center
4333 Brooklyn Ave NE, Box 359540
Phone: 206-221-5000 Fax: 206-685-8457
- Contact: Pager Help Desk
- Request More Information by form: