UW IT leases equipment for most services they provide. Departments must purchase analog line equipment, such as single-line phones, cordless phones, fax machines, credit card machines, etc. Manufacturer product descriptions should define the type of line needed for their equipment or service. Optional peripheral devices such as headsets and adapters desired also must be purchased by UW departments.
Departments purchasing equipment are responsible for ensuring that equipment is:
- Reliable and suits departmental needs
- Compatible with existing UW IT equipment that the department is using, or will use in the future
- In conformity with all university-wide UW IT policies
Contact UW IT to discuss these requirements if you are not familiar with them.
Repair requests for technician dispatch to resolve trouble for service connected to CPE, will be subject to technician visit fee if the trouble is not found in UW IT equipment or facilities. UW IT cannot work on CPE services and equipment so the trouble will not be repaired.
Information needed before purchasing certain equipment.
Telephone Set Requirements for single Line, 2-line, and 4-line sets:
- FCC registered set(s), modular plug equipped and analog capable
- 2- and 4-line telephones must connect to RJ11C or RJ14C telephone jacks
- Programming built-in set features (speed dial, intercom buttons, etc.)
- Repair, including battery replacement
NOTE: Some features such as Caller ID and Visual Message Waiting may not be compatible with all single line telephones.
2.4 Gigahertz cordless telephones are not recommended because of possible interference with campus wireless data.
Telephone Set Vendor Recommendation for 2 and 4 line sets: Graybar - Cortelco 2-line and the Bell Sonecor 4-line telephone sets. Call 206-701-3029 or 800-654-1006 and advise you are from the UW for a discounted rate.
Headsets and Adapters Requirements:
- Make and model of set using the accessory
- Certain set types also require special line programming
Headset Vendor Recommendations:
- Avaya.com - Wireless and corded headsets
- GBH Communications - Wireless and corded headsets, and accessories. Contact Pete Garcia (800-222-5424 ext 8604) firstname.lastname@example.org. Pete can assist with options available to you. Advise you are from the UW to obtain state pricing.
- HeadsetExperts.com - Corded headsets
- HeadsetInnovations.com - Wireless and corded headsets
- HeadsetsDirect.com - Corded headsets
- Plantronics.com - Wireless and corded headsets
- Sennheiserusa.com - Corded headsets