- On This Page
- Cell Phone Costs
- Cell Phones for UW Departments
- Cell Phones for Personal Use
- Preferred Carriers & Discounts
- Lost or Stolen Cell Phones
- Surplus old Cell Phones
- Ethics and Policies
Cell Phone Plan Costs
Discounts Available to the UW and UW Employees
Special discounts on monthly wireless costs and benefits with both AT&T and T-Mobile range from 15% to 21% for UW Departments, 15% - 18% for employees, 10% - 15% for students, and University affiliated organizations.
Cell Phones for UW Departments
Place orders directly with the vendor using any of the wireless carrier’s websites. Our preferred vendors are AT&T and T-Mobile. Your department head has access to the wireless carrier’s website and should be able to grant you access. These cell phones and cellular services must be charged to a University of Washington Procurement Card (UW ProCard). See Cell Phone Service for more details.
If you are purchasing a smartphone or tablet and you would like to learn about support options, see Smartphones and Tablets.
Cell Phones for Personal Use
Personal Cell Phones and Discounts Available to UW Employees
Special discounts and benefits with both AT&T and T-Mobile have been negotiated. Discounts range from 15% - 18% for employees and 10% - 15% for students, and are available to employees of the University and affiliated organizations. Other vendors may also offer discounts. Contact the vendors for more information:
- Faculty, Staff, and Students 15% on all lines.
- Contact the Advantage Representative Pauletta.email@example.com for special offer and details about the program or visit the UW T-Mobile Order Portal
- Account Manager Carl Done Carl.Done@T-Mobile.com
T-Mobile Online Ordering Portal:
- Online orders - For your personal account, visit the UW T-Mobile Order Portal. Online order support - You may also place your order by phone by calling 1-866-464-8662 with Promo Code: 2990TMOFAV
- Getting your discount - New and current T-Mobile subscribers can enroll in the discount program via this link https://validate.t-mobile.com/employee-discount. NOTE: Please allow 1-2 billing cycles for the discount to be reflected on your bill.
General Customer Service:
- Call 1-800-937-8997 regarding your personal T-Mobile account; billing; upgrades; service plan changes; etc.
- Faculty and staff 18%, students 10%
- Contact one of the AT&T retail stores or request access to the AT&T Premier Web Portal:
- Online orders - For your personal account via the AT&T Premier Portal visit:
- Online order support - For questions or difficulties with placing an order via this portal, contact Premier Customer Service at the following #:
- Premier Technical Support & Navigation Issues: 800-845-9681
- Premier Activations, Pending & Cancelled Orders: 866-499-8008
- Get your discount – New and current AT&T subscribers can enroll in the discount program via this link https://www.wireless.att.com/business/enrollment/. NOTE - Discounts can take 1-2 billing cycles to reflect on your bill.
Retail store locations:
- Main campus – University Village Store – (206) 729-7184; 4626 25th Ave NE Seattle, WA 98105
- Bothell campus – Woodinville Store – (425) 402-9797; 18021 Garden Way NE Woodinville, WA 98072
- Tacoma Campus – Lincoln Plaza Store – (253) 671-0966; 2505 S. 38th St. Tacoma, WA 98409
General Sales Support & Customer Service:
- 1-800-331-0500, or visit an AT&T retail location or store.
- Identify yourself as a University of Washington or affiliated employee and use FAN # Faculty/Staff – 2406456; Students - 2850396.
General Customer Service:
- Call 800-331-0500 regarding your personal AT&T account; billing; service plan changes; etc.
- Existing Sprint customers can sign up for a 18% discount here: www.sprint.com/verify
- New customer information and purchasing for personal plans: www.sprint.com/save
- Questions / Account Management: Genevieve Dujenski 425-278-2062 Genevieve.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Existing customers can sign up for a 17% discount here:
- Add lines or upgrade here:
New customer information and purchasing:
A link to the employee website will be emailed to you when your email address is registered.
- Mario Bolden
Lost or Stolen Cell Phones
If a cell phone is lost or stolen, it is extremely important to immediately contact your cellular vendor directly to avoid or minimize the accrual of unauthorized charges:
- Notify the relevant cellular vendor directly to request your account be suspended:
- AT&T Mobility (formerly Cingular Wireless): 1-800-888-7600
- Nextel: 1-800-639-6111
- T-Mobile: 1-800-937-8997
- Verizon Wireless: 1-800-922-0204
- Inform the police: In addition to notifying your vendor, report the loss to the appropriate police department, based on where the loss or theft occurred.
NOTE: UW Police Department will take a report for either a lost or a stolen phone that is UW property. A local police agency, including Seattle Police Department, will most likely only take a report for a stolen phone.
- If the cell phone is lost or stolen on campus Call UW Police Department at 206-543-9331 to make a report.
- If the cell phone is lost or stolen outside of UW campuses, contact the local police agency where the crime occurred.
Cell Phone Disposal (Surplus)
University of Washington owned/operated cell phones must be sent to UW Surplus for proper disposal.
NOTE: Be sure that, before cell phones and cellular devices are sent to Surplus, service has been disconnected and their memory, which may contain contact names, outgoing/incoming phone call details, notes, calendar events, etc., are completely wiped out.
- The user handbook that comes with the cell phone provides information about wiping the cell phone's memory.
- If such handbook is not readily available, the following site may be helpful for instructions about wiping out cell phone's memory: http://www.wikihow.com/Delete-Cell-Phone-Memory
Ethics and Policies
- Information Security Advisory
- RCW 46.61.667: Using a wireless communications device while driving
- Advisory Opinion 05-01 Use of State Resources/Cell Phones – September 9, 2005
- Washington State Cellular Use Guidelines