Google's Fetcher can only retrieve messages from your UW Windows Live inbox. All messages in your folders must be copied or moved to your UW Windows live inbox before they will transfer over.
Fetcher is also limited to email. Your contacts, calendar items, notes, or any other items from UW Windows Live will not transfer as part of this process.
Setup Google's Fetcher
You'll need to start by obtaining your specific POP server settings from UW Windows Live.
- Log in to UW Windows Live
- Click on Options-->See All Options
- Click the link called "Settings for POP, IMAP and SMTP access..." in the "Account Information" section of the Options page
- Make a note of the POP server listed in the box that pops up.
Next, you'll need to use the POP server information to setup Google's Mail Fetcher.
- Log into UW Google Apps
- Click the Gear in the upper right hand corner of the screen and choose "Settings" from the drop down menu
- On the Settings screen, click on "Accounts"
- Next to the heading "Check mail from other accounts", click on "Add a POP3 mail account you own.
- Enter your email address as firstname.lastname@example.org and click "Next Step"
- In the next screen, enter the following information:
Password: your UW Windows Live password
POP Server: Enter the UW Windows Live POP server information you found earlier
Check the box labeled Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail
- click "Add Account"
- You should see a message indicating that your account has been added. For the question "Would you also like to be able to send mail as...", choose "No" and click "Finish".
Once your UW Windows Live account is configured in Google's Fetcher, your UW Windows Live mail will start to appear. The entire transfer process is automatic and could take up to 24 hours.