- On This Page
- Connecting to UW Exchange
- Logging Out of OWA
- Bookmarking Your Mailbox for UW Exchange Online
- Forward Your Email to Your UW Exchange Account
Connecting to UW Exchange
The easiest way to start using UW Exchange is to use Outlook Web App (OWA). OWA requires only a Web browser on your computer.
To connect to UW Exchange using Outlook Web App
- Open the Web page for UW Outlook Web App:
For information on the difference between UW Exchange Local and UW Exchange Online, see Future Directions: UW Exchange and the Cloud.
- Log in using your UW NetID and password. If you are prompted to set the time zone, select it from the dropdown list.
- When you connect to the OWA Web page with a browser that cannot use OWA Premium, it automatically uses the Light version.
- When you connect to the OWA page with a browser that can support OWA Premium, you are given a choice to use the Premium or Light version. You may choose to use the Light version if your computer is communicating over a slow network connection.
- Once logged in, you can find information on using OWA by reading the online help. At the top-right of the screen, click Help (UW Exchange Local) or the question mark icon (UW Exchange Online).
Logging Out of OWA
To log out of OWA, click your user name, and then click Sign out. When you do this, sometimes the logout fails and your mailbox continues to be displayed. If this happens, click the OneDrive link to switch to UW OneDrive for Business (formerly UW SkyDrivePro) and log out from there.
Bookmarking Your Mailbox for UW Exchange Online
The URL for OWA access to UW Exchange Online is:
However, when you log on using this URL, you are redirected to a different URL that displays your mailbox, similar to this:
The "pod" in the URL represents one of many groups of Microsoft servers that could be hosting your mailbox. For technical reasons such as load balancing, mailboxes are often moved from one pod to another. So if you log in to UW Exchange Online and then bookmark the "pod" URL, that bookmark will work only for a limited period of time. To get a bookmark that will work all of the time, you need to edit the bookmark and manually enter the URL:
The procedure for editing bookmarks is different for every browser. Consult your browser's online help for instructions.
Forward Your Email to Your UW Exchange Account
If you currently receive mail in a Deskmail or other account, make sure that your new mail is being forwarded to your UW Exchange account. See Forwarding Your Email to Your UW Exchange Account.