- On This Page
- What Is UW Exchange
- Future Directions: UW Exchange and The Cloud
- Who to Contact for UW Exchange Support
Summary: This site describes the features of UW Exchange and its client software, some introductory technical information, how to obtain the service, and how to get support.
What Is UW Exchange?
UW Exchange is the University of Washington's centralized service providing email, calendar, contacts, and task management using Microsoft Exchange Server 2010. Powerful features and tight integration with Microsoft Office products offer many benefits for productivity and collaboration, such as:
- Access to email, calendar, and other data from Windows, Macintosh, or Linux computers.
- Easy remote access to email, calendar, and other data from a Web browser or mobile device.
- Integration of email and calendaring with Microsoft applications. For example, if you are reading your email remotely through a Web browser, you can view an attachment such as an Excel file, even if you don't have Excel installed on the computer that you are using.
- Users of Microsoft Office products can easily learn to use Exchange features through a familiar graphical user interface.
UW Exchange is offered as a Self-Sustaining fee-based service available to UW departments and schools on request for use by their faculty and staff. It is not covered by the Technology Recharge Rate. Please reference the UW-IT Service Catalog for current per user mailbox and per resource monthly rates.
Getting Started With UW Exchange
Get Familiar With UW Exchange:
If you are not familiar with Exchange, you might want read about what UW Exchange is.
Subscribe to UW Exchange
If you are interested in using UW Exchange, contact your department's IT support staff. If your department is already using UW Exchange, authorized support staff can add new accounts Reminder to authorized support staff: Use the Exchange Service Request page.
A department can arrange for UW Exchange services in two ways:
- Where the department IT support staff will be providing technical support for UW Exchange users, departmental computing support management should contact UW-IT at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange having the department "enrolled" for use of the service.
- Where the departmental IT support for UW Exchange users is not available, ala carte support may be arranged by contacting:
Connect to UW Exchange
The UW Exchange service can be used with a variety of client software programs. See an overview of client software options and links to sample configurations to access UW Exchange for recommended client software programs.
Future Directions: UW Exchange and The Cloud
Over the last two years, UW-IT has been developing cloud-based service offerings through Microsoft’s Office 365 platform. In early October of 2013 UW-IT began offering the Office 365 services UW SkyDrive Pro and UW Lync. The next phase will be to offer a cloud-based version of UW Exchange, available as an Office 365 service. During the transition from the current on-premises service to the cloud-based service, the current on-premises service is referred to as UW Exchange Local and the new cloud-based service is referred to as UW Exchange Online. The plan is to launch a pilot program by the end of 2013 and begin moving UW Exchange Local users to UW Exchange Online in January 2014.
Current UW Windows Live users already have cloud-based Microsoft Exchange email through Office 365, however that service is different from the new UW Exchange Online offering. Current UW Windows Live users have email addresses ending in @myuw.net. Early next year, these users will be moved to UW Exchange Online, and their outgoing mail will be from an address ending in @uw.edu.
Benefits of UW Exchange Online
UW Exchange Online offers the following key benefits over the current UW Exchange Local service:
- No additional fees for UW Exchange Online. UW Exchange Local incurs a fee of $8 per user per month.
- HIPAA compatibility. Microsoft signed a HIPAA BAA with the UW for Office 365 Education.
- A 50GB inbox, which is 25 times larger than a UW Exchange Local mailbox.
- In most cases, users can do away with .pst files.
- With UW Exchange Online, upgrades are automatic, so you are always using the latest version.
- Much improved SPAM filtering.
Who to Contact for UW Exchange Support
How you get support for UW Exchange depends on how you subscribe:
- If your Exchange service is provided through your department's IT organization, contact your department's IT staff.
- If your Exchange service is provided through Nebula, contact Nebula for UW Exchange support.
- If you are part of your department's IT organization, contact the UW-IT Service Center at email@example.com or 206-221-5000 for support with UW Exchange issue escalation.