- On This Page
- What Is UW Exchange?
- Future Directions: UW Exchange and the Cloud
- Your UW Exchange Online User Name and Password
- Outlook Installed Apps Not HIPAA-Compatible
- Who to Contact for UW Exchange Support
What Is UW Exchange?
UW Exchange is the University of Washington's centralized service providing email, calendar, contacts, and task management using Microsoft Exchange Server 2010. Powerful features and tight integration with Microsoft Office products offer many benefits for productivity and collaboration, such as:
- Access to email, calendar, and other data from Windows, Macintosh, or Linux computers.
- Easy remote access to email, calendar, and other data from a Web browser or mobile device.
- Integration of email and calendaring with Microsoft applications. For example, if you are reading your email remotely through a Web browser, you can view an attachment such as an Excel file, even if you don't have Excel installed on the computer that you are using.
- Users of Microsoft Office products can easily learn to use Exchange features through a familiar graphical user interface.
UW Exchange is offered as a Self-Sustaining fee-based service available to UW departments and schools on request for use by their faculty and staff. It is not covered by the Technology Recharge Rate. Please reference the UW-IT Service Catalog for current per user mailbox and per resource monthly rates.
Getting Started With UW Exchange
Get Familiar With UW Exchange:
If you are not familiar with Exchange, you might want read about what UW Exchange is.
Subscribe to UW Exchange
If you are interested in using UW Exchange, contact your department's IT support staff. If your department is already using UW Exchange, authorized support staff can add new accounts Reminder to authorized support staff: Use the Exchange Service Request page.
A department can arrange for UW Exchange services in two ways:
- Where the department IT support staff will be providing technical support for UW Exchange users, departmental computing support management should contact UW-IT at email@example.com to arrange having the department "enrolled" for use of the service.
- Where the departmental IT support for UW Exchange users is not available, ala carte support may be arranged by contacting:
Connect to UW Exchange
The UW Exchange service can be used with a variety of client software programs. See an overview of client software options and links to sample configurations to access UW Exchange for recommended client software programs.
Future Directions: UW Exchange and the Cloud
Over the last two years, UW-IT has been developing cloud-based service offerings through Microsoft’s Office 365 platform. In early October of 2013 UW-IT began offering the Office 365 services UW OneDrive for Business (formerly UW SkyDrivePro) and UW Lync. In December 2013, UW-IT introduced a cloud-based version of UW Exchange, available as an Office 365 service. During the transition from the on-premises service to the cloud-based service, the on-premises service is referred to as UW Exchange Local and the cloud-based service is referred to as UW Exchange Online.
The UW Exchange Online program is now in the migration phase. As of April 2014, nearly 1000 users have been migrated, and a systematic process is underway for migrating all current UW Exchange Local users. For more information on the migration process, see Transitioning to UW Exchange Online.
To prepare for the upcoming migration to UW Exchange Online, see Moving Oversized Messages from UW Exchange Local.
Current UW Windows Live users already have cloud-based Microsoft Exchange email through Office 365, however that service is different from the new UW Exchange Online offering. Current UW Windows Live users have email addresses ending in @myuw.net. In the next few months, these users will be moved to UW Exchange Online, and their outgoing mail will be from an address ending in @uw.edu.
Benefits of UW Exchange Online
UW Exchange Online offers the following key benefits over the current UW Exchange Local service:
- No additional fees for UW Exchange Online. UW Exchange Local incurs a fee of $8 per user per month.
- HIPAA compatibility. Microsoft signed a HIPAA BAA with the UW for Office 365 Education.
- A 50GB inbox, which is 25 times larger than a UW Exchange Local mailbox.
- In most cases, users can do away with .pst files.
- With UW Exchange Online, upgrades are automatic, so you are always using the latest version.
- Much improved SPAM filtering.
Usage Policies and Guidelines
UW Exchange Online is subject to University appropriate use guidelines and electronic records policies. For more information, see Usage Policies and Guidelines for Cloud Services.
UW Medicine Users: Before using UW Exchange Online for patient data, please see the UW Medicine guidance at Being Secure in the Cloud.
Your UW Exchange Online User Name and Password
Your UW Exchange Online user name is in the format:
firstname.lastname@example.org (use this format)
Substitute your own UW NetID for your-uw-net-id. Your password is the one associated with your UW NetID. This user name and password are the same as for other Office 365 services, such as UW OneDrive for Business.
Note that this user name format is different from UW Exchange Local, which used the format:
netid\your-uw-net-id (do not use this format)
After migration to UW Exchange Online, Outlook sometimes puts the old user name into the login screen. If you don't change it to the new format, the login will fail.
Outlook Installed Apps Not HIPAA-Compatible
Both Outlook Web App and Outlook expose several installed apps to users and allow users to enable them, as shown in the following screen shot:
These apps send data to third-parties, and they are not covered under our BAA with Microsoft. If you are working under our BAA and working with HIPAA-protected data, do not enable these apps.
Who to Contact for UW Exchange Support
How you get support for UW Exchange depends on how you subscribe:
- If your Exchange service is provided through your department's IT organization, contact your department's IT staff.
- If your Exchange service is provided through Nebula, contact Nebula for UW Exchange support.
- If you are part of your department's IT organization, contact the UW-IT Service Center at email@example.com or 206-221-5000 for support with UW Exchange issue escalation.