Classroom Technology & Events, in partnership with the Student Equipment Loan Program, offers a videoconferencing service to meet and collaborate with colleagues across campus or around the world. Instead of traveling to a meeting, lecture, or presentation, you can now attend by videoconference.
- Faculty and Students for academic use.
- Faculty, Teaching Assistants, and Researchers in conjunction with pre-arranged, fee-based activities.
Videoconferencing equipment connects the University of Washington with other universities and internet cafes around the globe. Video conferencing can revolutionize education, whether you wish to interview students in tsunami-affected countries, chat with colleagues in Cairo, or design a course jointly with students from Red states or foreign universities. The UW community has the world at its fingertips, and it's free of charge for academic use by faculty and students. For non-academic use of the videoconferencing system please contact CTE for the fee schedule.
- The Polycom Model HDX 9000 high definition videoconferencing system is a Boardroom class unit, with two 50" plasma screens, document camera, full room microphone system and a High Definition camera for improved video images.
- Apple iPad2 tablets available to loan that have a videoconferencing applet for connecting to H.323 compatible videoconferencing systems worldwide.
- Reservations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis
- Valid UW budget required for paid services.
- No cost for credit-generating teaching activities.
- See fee schedule