The UW-IT Video Studio offers video recording, web conferencing, and media viewing unlike anything else on the University of Washington, Seattle campus.
- RESERVE THE VIDEO STUDIO
- Open to UW Faculty, Staff and Thesis Oral Exam Students
- Room Hours: Same as Odegaard Hours
- View the availability calendar
- Questions? contact UW-IT Learning Technologies
- Record educational video content using two HD cameras.
- Push-to-talk microphones activates camera to focus on person talking.
- Connect to HD cameras and microphones using your laptop USB connection.
- View educational content using two 75-inch HD displays.
- Wireless sharing of laptop or mobile device screen to in-room displays and online participants.
- Phone line integrated with sound system to add participants joining by phone.
- Avoid the laptop huddle -- collaborate remotely with people all over the world in a comfortable and professionally designed meeting room.
- Capacity: 17
- Layout: stadium-style seating
- Mobile presenters podium
- Wifi - UW NetID required
- In-room Windows computer - UW NetID required
- Basic Support
- Free of charge for official UW course-related events.
- Includes up to 30 minutes of pre-event support.
- Check availability of a support consultant: contact UW-IT Learning Technologies
- Dedicated Support
- Support Consultants are available to assist you with the entire process, including help with technical coordination of the event, far-end site coordination, material preparation, and operation of equipment during the event.
- Payment required for events not related to an official UW course. Contact UW-IT Learning Technologies for more information.
- Videoconference: Polycom Group 700 with Multipoint and HD 1080p licenses
- Microsoft Windows Computer
- (2) 75-inch HD Displays: Samsung ED75C
- Crestron touch panel control
- In-room computer camera/mic USB connection: Vaddio AV BRIDGE HD VIDEO ENCODER
- Camera/Mic USB Connection: Vaddio AV BRIDGE HD VIDEO ENCODER
- (2) HD Cameras: Vaddio HD - 22 PTZ CAMERA
- Wireless lapel and handheld mics: Shure SLX1485H5
- Push-to-talk microphones: Clock Audio CS 1S-RF
- BluRay Player: Sony BDPS3200
- HDMI, VGA, RCA connections to displays: Extron
- Wireless laptop and mobile device sharing: Crestron AirMedia
- Microsoft Office
- UW Panopto Screen/Audio/Video Recording
- UW Canvas
- Online meeting (account required)
- Adobe Connect Pro
- GoToMeeting online meeting
- Microsoft Lync online meeting
- Google+ Hangouts online meeting
- Standards-based H.323 (IP) videoconference from manufacturers such as Polycom, Lifesize, and Cisco.
- If your preferred software is not listed, Contact Learning Technologies about compatibility.
- Light snacks and covered drinks are allowed in designated areas.
- Reservation Required.
- Use limited to UW Faculty, Staff and Thesis Oral Exam Students.
- Support offered free of charge for official UW course-related events.
- Support is dependent on staff availability.
- For best results, two weeks advance notice is recommended.
- Successful testing and training with remote participants must be completed within 5 business days of the event.