ATC - Quickstart: Suzzallo PC 1
Welcome to the Suzzallo DSS study room. This page provides information on the adaptive technology available on this machine. Click on the links below to be connected to the Quick Start for each program. Quick Starts provide a brief introduction to the program and a short guide to using its basic features. Please contact the ATC for a print or alternate format copy of these documents.
Suzzallo/ATL Quick Starts
- Dragon NaturallySpeaking
- Speech recognition software allows the user to dictate text and control the computer by voice.
- IBM Home Page Reader
- Webpage browser with a speech output.
- Provides powerful support for critical thinking, comprehension, and writing in all curriculum areas.
- Jaws for Windows
- Provides screen reading capability for users with visual impairments.
- Provides text-to-speech capability from any program where text can be selected.
- Scans printed text and reads it using a speech synthesizer.
- Screen enlargement software with speech output/text reading features.
If you need to print, here are some directions to the printer from the study room.
If you have questions or would like more information on the support services offered by ATC, please feel free to stop by our office in Mary Gates Hall 064.