ATC Quickstart: NaturalReader
NaturalReader reads content aloud for users who are blind or visually impaired. NaturalReader speaks text copied into its text window and reads from websites and email.
- Click the Start Menu in the lower left-hand corner of the screen.
- Click "All Programs."
- Click "Accessible Technology."
- Click "NaturalReader."
Read Text Copied Into NaturalReader Window:
- Copy the text to be read into the NaturalReader window.
- Press the "Play" button in the NaturalReader window to begin speaking text, and to pause/resume reading.
Read Text Outside NaturalReader Window:
- Select the text to be read.
- Press <CTRL> + <F9> to read the selected text. Press <CTRL> + <F9> to pause/resume reading.
- Start/Pause/Resume Selected Text Reading: Press <CTRL> + <F9>.
Quitting NaturalReaderDo any of the following:
- Press <ALT> + <F4> when NaturalReader is the active application.
- Click the X in the upper-right hand corner of the NaturalReader menu.
- Click the File menu at the top of the NaturalReader window and select “Exit.
HelpFor help and tutorials, do any of the following:
- Click on the “Help” menu in the NaturalReader window.
- Press <F1> when NaturalReader is the active application.
- Consult the NaturalReader user manual, located on the ATC manual shelf.
- Consult ATC staff.