Second International IMAP Meeting -- November 1996
The second international IMAP forum, hosted by the University of
Washington, took place November 6th-8th, 1996 at the Westin Hotel in Seattle, Washington.
The purpose of this meeting was to facilitate information exchange about
IMAP (the Internet Message Access Protocol) and related technologies.
(For more information on IMAP, visit The IMAP Connection.) In particular, it provided an opportunity for:
and other interested parties (see the list of attendees) to discuss:
- system managers
- service providers
- software developers
See the meeting agenda for event details.
- How to deploy a scalable IMAP infrastructure.
- The status of IMAP and its relationship to other Internet technologies, e.g. MIME, ACAP, NNTP, and secure email alternatives.
- What features end-users want in IMAP clients.
- Latest offerings from software vendors and service providers.
- What next-generation mail user agents need from IMAP and ACAP servers.
- What Internet Service Providers need from IMAP implementations.
We gratefully acknowledge the sponsors of the Second International IMAP meeting.
If you have any questions about the meeting, send email to:
IMAP Information Center