Lounge & Meeting Room Reservations
|Room Use||Rates per hour
before 5 p.m.
|Rates per hour
after 5 p.m.
|Banquet Fee||Early/Late Occupation|
Explanation of Fees
- Room use: Flat fee for reserving the meeting room
- Per hour before 5 pm: Hourly charge for time reserved before 5pm.
- Per hour after 5 pm: Hourly charge after 5pm.
- Set-up: (Optional Charge) Additional charge for a custom set-up.
- Clean-up: (Optional Charge) Additional charge if you wish the WAC staff to provide full clean-up. All groups required to remove all equipment, caterer’s supplies and food from the facility before departing.
- Banquet fee: Charged whenever food or beverages are served.
- Early/Late occupation: There are additional charges for early arrival or late departure.
- Cancellation policy: 15 days or more prior to scheduled event = $50 charge. 14 days or less prior to scheduled event = Full charge.
*Prices include sales tax where applicable.
Documents & Forms
- Lounge Info Sheet
- Custom Setup – Common
- Custom Setup – Diagram
- Reservation Request Form
- University Banquet Permit
- WA State Banquet Permit
Click on images to enlarge:
The Waterfront Activities Center lounge/meeting room is a long rectangular shaped room (66′ X 30′). The lounge will accommodate 90 seated and 100 standing. In good weather, there’s an adjoining deck that may be used for barbecues, etc.
No private functions, no personal use, no weddings, no receptions.
The kitchenette is located across the hall and is available with each rental at no additional charge. It includes a sink, counter, refrigerator and microwave oven. There are no utensils, cups or cooking oven.
Equipment available with the rental are:
- 90 chairs
- 10 – 5’X3′ rectangular tables
- Table top lectern
- Standard Pull Down Projection Screen
- 6 – 60″ round tables
- 1 – 8′ rectangular table
For all A/V equipment (other than projection screen) please contact Classroom Technology and Events at (206) 221-5000 (Option # 2). Overnight storage is available and may result in additional charges.
A Washington State Banquet permit must be posted if alcohol is present. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Complete the “University of Washington Authorization to Apply for a Banquet Permit to Serve Alcoholic Beverages”
- After you have completed the form in full and submitted it online, it will be electronically forwarded for two additional approvals: WAC Building Manager – Jim Seagren or his assistant and a Representative from the Office of Special Programs
- Purchase a state issued liquor permit online using a credit card.
- Post both the approved UW application and the purchased WA State Liquor Control Board Banquet Permit the day of your event on the bulletin board in the upstairs hallway, just outside the WAC banquet room.
- Failure to post both permits means NO alcohol will be allowed in the WAC Building.
Parking is available for a fee (Pay by Space) adjacent to the WAC at $3.00/hour or $15.00 for all day. The availability of parking cannot be guaranteed. Citations may be issued to vehicles who fail to pay at the pay station.
If you plan on parking on campus while attending an event at the WAC, please pay at the pay station located directly in front of the WAC or contact the Parking Services Special Events Office at (206) 616-8710 for information.
*This calendar changes frequently and may not reflect ‘up-to-the-minute’ availability. We constantly update and work to keep it as current as possible. Feel free to call us for our most updated availability.
Important Phone Numbers & Emails
Waterfront Activities Center
Manager, Jim Seagren