Classes, Activities, and Employment Opportunities
This calendar features more than just upcoming UWild activities. We partner with many local organizations to help promote events around the area; film releases, Avalanche Center events, outdoor related conferences, stewardship opportunities, just to name a few. Please bookmark the calendar, or the page to stay up to date on local happenings in the outdoor community.
On-Campus Climbing Classes:
March/April classes open for registration on March 13th.
May classes open for registration on April 17th.
Click event title for more information.
Climbing Center Classes:
- Call 206-616-7229 during open hours.
- Register in person at the IMA Crags or IMA Programs Office (3rd floor of the IMA).
- Call 206.543.9433 during open hours.
- Register in person at the Waterfront Activities Center/Gear Garage.
UWild Adventures and Crags Classes Refund Policies
On-Campus Only Activities, and Classes:
- On-campus Activities meet only on-campus and do not require group travel to off-campus locations. These classes may meet indoors or outdoors.
- Drops must be completed at least 48 hours prior to the start time. Failure to do so will result in a 100% loss of the registration fee.
- Failure to attend an activity results in a 100% loss of the registration fee.
Off-Campus Activities, Classes, and Trips:
- Off-campus activities are defined as any activities that leave campus. Off-campus activities may have an on-campus information session or instructional meetings.
- Drops made 14-8 days prior to the activity results in a 50% loss of the registration fee.
- Drops made 7 or fewer days prior to the activity results in a 100% loss of the registration fee.
- Failure to attend an activity results in a 100% loss of registration fee.
- Attendance at pre-trip meetings, instructional sessions, or informational sessions is mandatory for participation on off-campus activities prior to an outing.
- Partial refunds will be given if the outdoor portion of a class is canceled due to weather.
General Refund Policies:
- Classes meeting for multiple sessions, no refunds are issued after the first session.
- For any course that meets for multiple sessions, attendance to the first class is mandatory.
- Refunds are only issued in-person at the Climbing Center, Waterfront Activities Center, or the IMA Programs Office. Please check our website for available hours. If you paid by card, you will need to bring your card so that we can credit your account. If you paid by check, we will need to verify your address so a check can be mailed to you within approximately four weeks.
If we are currently hiring the following positions. For more information and to apply, please visit the employment page, or contact a program coordinator.
Backpacking & Hiking Instructors and Trip Leaders
Mountain Biking Instructors and Ride Guides
Bike Touring Instructors and Ride Guides
Fly Fishing Instructors