Drop-In General Info
This page has information on Quarterly drop-in classes and Special Events. Please check back on this page often, as we frequently add drop-in classes to our regularly scheduled class offerings.
- $5.48 per class (Prices include sales tax where applicable.)
- Online registration and IMA Membership required.
- Registration opens one week in advance and closes at the time the class begins.
- Upon registration you will receive an email with a Course Confirmation attached. Please show this to the instructor when you arrive to class (either printed out or on a Smartphone). This is your ticket to enter.
- Drop-in classes are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Spring 2017 Quarter Drop-In Offerings
- Preview Week 1 (Monday, March 27-Friday, March 31) – CLASS SCHEDULE COMING SOON
- Preview Week 2 (Monday, April 3-Friday, April 7) – CLASS SCHEDULE COMING SOON
Winter 2017 Quarter Long Drop-In Offerings
NEW! We will be offering drop-in classes Finals Week (Monday, March 13-Friday, March 17). Check back after Wednesday, March 1 for a complete listing of classes.
- Step – This step class will focus mainly on traditional step choreography for 50 minutes. New step patterns and choreography will be introduced as the quarter progresses. Optional power moves will be shown for those who desire an increased intensity.
- Friday @ 5:10-6:00pm with Jessica (Studio 216)
- Belly Dance – This dynamic class will cover the foundational movements of belly dance including hip and chest isolations, undulations, arm movement, basic turns, and shimmies. Class will begin with a warm-up and a conditioning section, then progress through technique and finish with a easy-to-learn combination. No experience necessary!
- Tuesday @ 6:10-7:30pm with Letty (Studio 216)
- Modern – This class is designed to allow you to discover the eclectic and exciting blend of styles that makes up contemporary dance. Emphasis is on moving and learning specific technical skills that build a strong foundation for doing multiple kinds of movement safely. No experience necessary.
- Mondays and Wednesdays @ 4:00-5:20pm with Dominique (Studio 216)
- Gentle Yoga – A slower practice focused on conscious breathing and basic postures to support a state of relaxation. This class utilizes fluid warming motions focused on the six movements of the spine and builds a little heat with shorter posture holds. Reduce stress, strengthen awareness, prevent cartilage and joint breakdown, and cultivate a more mindful relationship to breath. No prior experience with yoga required.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays @ 12:00-1:00pm with Sally (Studio 316)
- Flow – A medium pace practice that weaves together synchronized movement and breath with longer posture holds. This class emphasizes basic alignment principles and creative sequencing to foster greater mental clarity and awareness. Cultivate physical strength, reduce stress, increase brain functionality, and improve spinal health. No prior experience with yoga required.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays @ 8:00-9:00am with Jaime(Studio 316)
- Vinyasa Flow – A dynamic, more vigorous practice that synchronizes movement with breath. This class utilizes progressive and creative sequencing to build towards a peak pose that enlivens your body, mind, and heart. Cultivate physical strength, cardiovascular health, mindful awareness, and a greater sense of overall wellbeing. Some experience with yoga recommended.
- Mondays and Wednesdays @ 8:00-9:00am with Marvin (Studio 316)
- Tuesdays and Thursdays @ 6:45-7:45am with Rachael C. (Studio 316)
- Tuesdays and Thursdays @ 2:30-3:45pm with Sally (Studio 316)
- Tuesdays and Thursdays @ 4:00-5:15pm with Ansley (Studio 316)
- Tuesdays and Thursdays @ 7:00-8:15pm with Amanda (Studio 316)
- Friday @ 6:45-7:45am with Jenny (Studio 316)
- Friday @ 12:00-1:00pm with Abigail (Studio 316)
- Introduction to Meditation – A practice that strengthens mental attentiveness and facilitates the opportunity to step back, take inventory of the present moment, and make more skillful and empowered decisions for the sake of a more centered, peaceful, and enriched life. During each week of this series learn new meditation techniques, apply the teachings, and garner tips and tools to implement a regular meditation practice. Increase mental clarity, improve productivity, reduce stress, and gain a more expanded conscious perspective. No prior experience with meditation required.
- Thursday @ 5:30-6:30pm with Mandy (Meeting Room 246)
We will hold Saturday drop-in classes on Saturday, January 21, 28; February 4, 11, 18, 25; March 4
- Indoor Cycling – An intense stationary bike workout that simulates an actual outdoor bike ride. Through tension adjustments and pedaling technique, you will encounter straight-aways, steep hills and rolling terrains that correspond to the difficulty of the perceived ride. This class will make you sweat! Pedals are SPD compatible. Bring a water bottle and towel. All fitness levels welcome.
- Saturday @ 9:30-10:20am with various instructors (Cycling Studio)
- OULA: OULA® is a high-energy, easy to learn, crazy-fun dance workout to Top 40 hits. Classes are 50 minutes of sweat, joy, and total inspiration! OULA® is Dancemania for the Soul.
- Saturday @ 10:00-10:50am with Emily (Studio 216)
- Flow: A medium pace practice that weaves together synchronized movement and breath with longer posture holds. This class emphasizes basic alignment principles and creative sequencing to foster greater mental clarity and awareness. Cultivate physical strength, reduce stress, increase brain functionality, and improve spinal health. No prior experience with yoga required.
- Saturday @ 10:30-11:45am with Sarah B. (Studio 316)