For more information about parking on campus, contact:
The E1 parking lot has changed and will now be split between E1 (pay per use) and E18 (discount permit) parking.
Paying by Credit Card in E1
E1 parkers will be charged $6 upon exit for each day parked. One day constitutes 24 hours from the time of entry. Cash & Husky Card Account will no longer be accepted. Commuter Services hopes to make Husky Card Account payment available at a future date. Credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover), UW pre-issued access cards (UW department and Seattle Children’s users), Pay per use (pre-arranged parking plan) will be accepted. You will be required to swipe your card upon both entrance and exit. This is a change from current procedure, where payment or access cards are required only to enter the lot. Please note that the same card must be used for entry and exit, or the gate arm will not lift to allow exit. Carpool parking will cost $6 per day per vehicle. The new infrastructure does not allow the splitting of the parking fee at the time of purchase at the gate, but your carpool membership can decide how to continue to split the cost. Carpooling continues to save you money by sharing the cost of parking, gas and vehicle maintenance.
MAP of changes available here: http://www.washington.edu/facilities/transportation/sites/default/files/images/construction/e1-map.png
IMA members with a valid UW Seattle Campus Parking Permit or Commuter Ticket:
- May park in the E18 value lot located north of the building on Wahkiakum while using the IMA.
- May park “Out of Area” in E8 before 7:30 a.m. and after 4:00 p.m., and in any unrestricted area including E18 without stopping at a gatehouse.
IMA members without a Quarterly/Annual Parking Permit:
- May park in E1 (north of the IMA) and pay upon exit:
- $6 – Credit Card only (Visa, Mastercard, Discover)
- May park in E18 if they stop at a campus gatehouse and purchase a permit for the whole day:
- $6 – Credit Card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover) or Cash
- May utilize “pay-by-stall” stations (located in E8 along Walla Walla Road) or “pay-and-display” stations (located in front of the IMA/Graves Buildings, E17, and all areas of E19 including in front of the WAC):
- Rates: $0.75/15 min, $3/hour
- Accepts coins, Visa & Master Card only.
- Payment by numbered stalls; please note your stall # when paying at the station. Out of Area permits are not allowed in numbered stalls.
For those that have an AVI tag, you may find additional information here: http://www.washington.edu/facilities/transportation/parkinglots
Hours of Enforcement
Monday – Friday 6 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Saturday 7 a.m. – noon
Available after 9:00 p.m. Monday – Friday and noon Saturday – 6:00 a.m. Monday
Stop at a gatehouse for a permit or contact Parking Services at (206) 221-3701 for short-term disability parking, or the Disability Services Office or Disabled Student Services for long-term disability parking.
Light Rail Station
Light Rail has arrived at UW. Avoid parking issues and use light rail, conveniently located by Husky Stadium and the IMA.