Skip to main content

Club Sports Program

Join one of our 40 Club Sports!

Contact individual Club officers directly for details, or the Club Sports Coordinator at for general program information.

Club Sports are voluntary Registered Student Organizations (RSOs) established by students with a common interest and desire to participate in a recreational or sporting activity that is non-sedentary and involves both physical and mental exertion in the pursuit of athletic agility. Clubs may be competitive, recreational, or instructional in nature, or may have any combination of these characteristics.

Clubs are administratively supported by the UW Recreation; however, the emphasis is on student leadership as the clubs are student-organized, student-managed, and student-operated. Clubs should also not be confused with varsity sports, which are administered by the University of Washington Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and regulated by the NCAA.

UW Recreation Administration may, upon annual assessment of the Club Sports Program, remove clubs from the program, based on factors including, but not limited to, review of liability issues; ongoing evaluation of fit within UW Recreation (as determined by the administration); neglect of student leadership responsibilities and/or consistent lack of student control over club operations; and/or sanction-related issues.

Clubs are open to currently enrolled UW Seattle students and faculty/staff who have purchased an IMA Membership.  Bothell and Tacoma branch students who have purchased an IMA membership are also eligible.

Please check the Club Sports Directory to see informational flyers for each Club, or call the Club Sports Office for current information.  Inquiries regarding individual clubs, including questions on tryouts, practices, club dues, and equipment needed, should be directed to the Club representatives listed on the club PDFs in the Directory.

General questions about the Club Program can be directed to Chris Delaune, Club Sports Coordinator at (206) 543-9499 or