It’s easy to participate in Commencement. Just follow these steps.
1. Make sure you are eligible (see Eligibility Page).
- If you haven’t already graduated or applied to graduate, make sure you apply to graduate by April 17. See your advisor.
2. Make the April 17 deadline to have your name printed in the Commencement program. This means:
- Bachelors – Apply to graduate by April 17. See your advisor
- Master’s – Submit your master’s degree request
- Doctoral – Schedule your doctoral final exam.
- Note: Students who do not wish to be listed in the Commencement program should contact the Office of the Registrar at (206) 543-5378.
3. Come to Grad Fair!
Mary Gates Hall Commons, April 8th and 9th, 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. See announcements, frames, rings. Have grad portrait taken, plus photos with Dubs!
5. Prepare to register and order.
- Check with family to determine ticket & parking needs.
- Determine if any guests need disability accommodations.
- Review Cap and Gown information.
- Check with your school, college, or department regarding their celebrations. See Other Ceremonies page.
6. Complete Registration/Order Form, May 6 – May 24.
- Be prepared to pay online with Visa, MasterCard, debit card, or valid checking account number.
7. Pick up your order at the University Book Store (during normal Book Store hours).
- Bachelor pickup: June 2 – June 6.
- Master’s, Ph.D., Professional pick-up: June 3 – June 6.
8. Oops! I forgot something! I need extra…
- No worries. Just come to the Book Store. We usually have extra tickets and parking permits available.
9. Come to Husky Stadium on June 13th at 12:30 p.m., and celebrate!
- Ensure you review the instructions you were given when you picked up your order.
- Remember to bring your student ticket and I.D. to get into the student line-up area.