It’s easy to participate in Commencement. Just follow these steps.
1. Make sure you are eligible (see Eligibility Page).
- If you haven’t already graduated or applied to graduate, make sure you apply to graduate by April 15. See your advisor.
2. Make the April 15 deadline to have your name printed in the Commencement program. This means:
- Bachelors – Apply to graduate by April 15. See your advisor
- Master’s – Submit your master’s degree request
- Doctoral – Schedule your doctoral final exam.
- Note: Students who do not wish to be listed in the Commencement program should contact the Office of the Registrar at (206) 543-5378.
3. Come to Grad Fair!
The Grad Fair will take place at Mary Gates Hall Commons on April 6 and April 7, from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. At the Fair you’ll see announcements, frames, and rings. You can have your graduation portrait taken and get photos with Dubs! Our office will provide you with the appropriate academic regalia for your photos and there is no obligation to purchase.
5. Prepare to register and order.
- Check with family to determine ticket & parking needs.
- Determine if any guests need disability accommodations.
- Review Cap and Gown information.
- Check with your school, college, or department regarding their celebrations. See Other Ceremonies page.
6. Complete Registration/Order Form. This will take place online over a 2-3 week period beginning early in May. You’ll receive information on the exact dates in March.
- Be prepared to pay online with Visa, MasterCard, debit card, or valid checking account number.
7. Pick up your order (dates and location to be determined).
8. Oops! I forgot something! I need extra…
- No worries. We usually have extra tickets and parking permits available.
9. Come to Husky Stadium on June 11th at 12:30 p.m., and celebrate!
- Ensure you review the instructions you were given when you picked up your order.
- Remember to bring your student ticket and I.D. to get into the student line-up area.